Too Much Information

News about Mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Too Much Information

Postby JD » Thu May 20, 2010 12:29 pm

I've set up a Google search on the word "moped," and weekly I receive a list of articles relating to such. This has been a really bad idea, because most of the stories are about moped riders being killed or injured in one accident or another. It's almost enough to make me want to stop riding.

The appropriate response, of course, is to stop my subscription, as I will do today.

Here's an example of what I received today. The formating is a little goofy due to the "cut and paste" but you get the idea.

jd

Google News Alert for: moped

Man who ran his moped into sheriff's cruiser identified
Tampa Tribune
The man who ran his moped into the back of a Pinellas Sheriff's cruiser this morning has been identified as George Howell III, 35, of Clearwater. ...
See all stories on this topic
Sheriff's Office investigates crash involving Pinellas deputy, moped
Tampabay.com
By Katie Sanders, Times Staff Writer CLEARWATER — The Pinellas sheriff's deputies investigated a crash involving a deputy and a moped early Friday. ...
Motorcyclist, moped rider killed in separate Oahu crashes
Honolulu Advertiser
At about 11, a 29-year-old Kahuku man was critically injured when the moped he was operating entered an intersection in Wahiawa and slammed into a sport ...
Md. Man On Moped Charged With DUI
WJZ
(AP) ― Dewey Beach Police say a 37-year-old Maryland man is facing drunken driving charges after officers spotted him weaving in traffic on his moped. ...
New Information In Car, Moped Collision
WHIO Dayton
The passengers in the car told deputies the moped operator had on his right turn signal, but made a left turn onto East Peterson Road. ...
Moped rider dies in Florence crash
South Carolina Now
The victim was found about 2:44 pm in a ditch near the county's school bus garage, according to the South Carolina Highway Patrol's dispatch site. ...

KHON2
FIRST VIDEO: Fatal moped crash in Wahiawa
KHON2
Police say the man from was riding a moped when he ran through a stop sign and was hit by an SUV. The 29-year-old was thrown from the moped. ...
Moped rider seriously hurt in Vincennes accident
14WFIE.com
VINCENNES, IN (AP) - A 56-year-old Knox County man was hurt Tuesday afternoon in a freak accident involving the moped he was riding. ...
Greenville man dies in moped accident on State Park Road
Greenville News
By E. Richard Walton • Staff writer • May 15, 2010 A 31-year-old Greenville man was killed Friday afternoon when a moped struck a sign post on State Park ...
Oahu motorcyclist, moped rider die in separate crashes Thursday
Honolulu Advertiser
At about 10:55 pm, in Whitmore Village, a moped rider was struck and killed by a sport utility vehicle. That man was identified as Adrian Corales, 29, ...

Google Blogs Alert for: moped

WDEL 1150AM - Man on moped get 3rd DUI
Saturday, May 15, 2010 - 5:18pm. Man on moped get 3rd DUI By Associated Press Dewey Beach Police say a 37-year-old Maryland man is facing drunken driving charges after officers spotted him weaving in traffic on his moped. ...
WDEL 1150AM & WDEL.com ~ Dependable... - http://www.wdel.com/
BMF Moped Enduro – BMF Show 15/16 May 2010 | Petrol Scooter Magazine
By Editor
The first leg of the annual Moped Enduro Challenge took place at the BMF Show in Peterborough on 15 and 16 May. A maximum of 65 teams are accepted into the challenge. The overall champions are the teams who complete the most laps over ...
Petrol Scooter Magazine - http://www.petrolmag.net/
Salisbury News: Moped
By J.Albero
Moped. An elderly man on a Mo ped, looking about 100 years old, pulls up next to a doctor at a street light. The old man looks over at the sleek shiny car and asks, ' What kind of car ya got there, sonny ?' ...
Salisbury News - http://sbynews.blogspot.com/
San Diego Car Accident Injures Moped Rider | Personal Injury ...
By Ron
It appears that a moped rider in San Diego may have suffered catastrophic injuries in an accident the morning of May 12, 2010.
Personal Injury Lawyer Report - http://www.personalinjuryattorneylawyer.org/
Madison Car Racing » Blog Archive » Remuneration of an Electric Moped
By admin
Whether or not you're allowing for receiving an emotional moped sometime soon, you're certainly not by yourself. Compound house owners are contemplating captivating this step used for a sort of explanations. Many of these the homeowners ...
Madison Car Racing - http://madisonracing.com/blog/

Google Web Alert for: moped

Troy teen unconscious in hospital after moped crash
STAUNTON TWP., Miami County — A 15-year-old Piqua boy was flown to the Children's Medical Center of Dayton today, May 15, after he was struck by a car, ...
www.daytondailynews.com/.../troy-teen-u ... n-hospit...
Motorcyclist, moped rider killed in separate Oahu crashes ...
Separate vehicle crashes about an hour apart last night claimed the lives of two Oahu men.
www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/.../ ... urce=rss...
Moped accident in Wahiawa leaves one dead - Hawaii News Now - KGMB ...
WAHIAWA (HawaiiNewsNow) - A moped crash in Wahiawa sent a young man to the hospital in critical condition. Police say a 29-year-old man was on Whitmore ...
www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=12482718
Alcohol may have been a factor in moped crash | moped, crash ...
Top Stories: Alcohol may have been a factor in moped crash | moped, crash, alcohol, deputies, cass, factor, county, indiana, saturday, newschannel.
www.wwmt.com/articles/moped-1376590-crash-alcohol.html
The art of moped maintenance | Ask MetaFilter
It's a moped, 50cc. But it's a 4 stroke, manual and cruiser-styled, so I think it has more in common with a small motorbike than a scooter-style moped in ...
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

re: Too Much Information

Postby Jim C. » Sun May 30, 2010 10:23 pm

...and I can bet you 98% of the "mopeds" involved are actually scooters.
I was told if you stroke it more than twice it's a sin.
Jim C.
Net Rider

Return to Mopeds in the Media