Can we make a list of all the new pedal mopeds w/pics?

News about Mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Can we make a list of all the new pedal mopeds w/pics?

Postby Micronaut » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:18 am

I can add to this thread when I get home. I think it would be pretty cool to look at american and foreign bikes that you could actually purchase right now.

Even if it won't meet USA DOT, it would be nice to see just how many pedal-machines are being produced.

I did a short search-- and I found a lot of very cool 49cc bikes- -but all old honda clones and Jailings.. few pedals though many looked just like mopeds.

Maybe tag the thread with pictures... and I wonder if anyone's ever imported a non-DOT moped or 50cc from europe as a 'collecter' and got it tagged for street use. It would be pricy but to actually browse the online european shopes... it would be sweet to know you could (with some effort) get one of those bikes into the US.

Thinking of some of the extra-cool derbis and other bikes I don't even look at because it's just a tease.
Wayne from Maine
Micronaut
Distinguished Rider

re: Can we make a list of all the new pedal mopeds w/pics?

Postby SmC mopeds » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:54 am

Wayne,
I love this!!! I'd even like to see what the differences are between DOT Approved, and NOT DOT Approved Mopeds. Maybe, there'd be a WAY to conform the coolest of the cool mopeds to MEET DOT requirements. Oh, let me say (before anybody misinterprets my meaning here), that everybody's 'peds are COOL in my book ;^)}
This part of the forum is my favorite......to me, some of the best documented, up-to-date, real moped news and facts to be found in one location!

Here, I see valuable, interesting, heart warming, sometimes heart breaking and not for the faint of heart, life documenting, teaching, learning, true to the bone MOPED DEDICATION!!!!!!!

Out in the rest of the forum, I feel like I'm jumping on a trampoline, trying to see over top of a ten-story wall, and trying to communicate with people on the other side of it. It's crazy!!!

Thank YOU, again, for providing me and others with a Moped Sanctuary, so to speak ;^)
"The only dumb question, is one that isn't asked!"
SmC Mopeds & Customs
Image Image Image
SmC mopeds
Master Regional Rider

Return to Mopeds in the Media