Moped tows Ipod Ad (w/scooter argument!!)

News about Mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Moped tows Ipod Ad (w/scooter argument!!)

Postby Micronaut » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:28 pm

Here's a story about all the Ipod gear. There is a great post from a guy complaining about his scooter being called a moped-- irony? I'm NOT a moped, dammit.

-Wayne

http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.a ... /1/13/2488

"It's insane, like these four guys driving mopeds towing trailers around Moscone center in San Francisco traffic (kudos to my wife for the awesome quick draw shot catching the next moped driver in the rearview"

The San Francisco Chronicle had a front page article on the iPod at Macworld chocked full of journalistic goodness, but they represent a dying industry so who cares. Anyway, it was reported that only 20 percent of the 370 or so exhibitors were pimping pod gear. While this may be true, it was also noted by myself that Steve Jobs went out of his way in the Keynote to say Macworld is not about the iPod--a sure sign it is. Those signs are everywhere, literally. If you look at what Apple is advertising inside Moscone Center and outside Moscone Center, there exists an inPodfinity of signage outside. It's insane, like these four guys driving mopeds towing trailers around Moscone center in San Francisco traffic (kudos to my wife for the awesome quick draw shot catching the next moped driver in the rearview).

From "Comments"
Posted January 13, 2006 @ 12:03PM by TheCharlie
Just 'cause it's a pet peeve of mine, and as a scooter riding iPod and Mac user, those are scooters, not mopeds. Mopeds are bicycles with engines. Scooters are small-engined motorcycles with step-through designs. Granted, the scooters those ad guys ride _are_ about the shittiest scooters available IMHO
Posted January 13, 2006 @ 12:28PM by tjoynt
iPoop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Micronaut
Distinguished Rider

re: Moped tows Ipod Ad (w/scooter argument!!)

Postby david » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:09 am

Yeah, Wayne, Apple is all about the iPod, as it used to be about the iMac, as it used to be about the Macintosh. Check the stock performance out over the past 20 years and it runs on its latest market advantage. It's a well-marketed fad. Once Dilbert makes fun of it, as they did last week, you know the shark has been jumped. The Creative Zen is so much better techno-wise, with 98 db signal to noise; they just got beaten to the miniaturization punch by Apple.
david
Net Rider

Return to Mopeds in the Media