Moped Movie!

News about Mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Moped Movie!

Postby JD » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:48 am

Lisa and I were cruising the video store looking for some entertainment the other day and we noticed a movie with a picture of a guy riding a moped (I think it's a Honda 50). So we took it home and really enjoyed it. It's called "Heartlands."

I recommend it to anyone interested in how this guy's moped trip across England changed his perspective on life and put him more in touch with the world around him. He learned to live instead of just exist.

If you're looking for bang-em-up action, this is not the movie for you. It's very gentle, and it's also a love story. Further, the strong English dialect can be a bit of a struggle for us Yanks (we actually turned on the subtitles to make it easier to follow), but it ought to touch the heart of anyone who enjoys riding a moped because of the different view it gives him or her on life.

It also made us want to ship our bikes to northern England and spend a month riding there! I wonder if we can rent them there....

jd
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

re: Moped Movie!

Postby don-ohio » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:19 am

The Honda 50 cub? Yeah,that's near to being a mo-ped or giving a person the feeling of riding a true mo-ped.

They have power for hills and ride well with a big comfy seat and have good suspensions and good brakes and lights.

BTW...........congrats on your upcoming marriage,JD! don-ohio (:^D
`Ped `til yer RED!' ......`NO small-wheeled pothole divers need apply! LOL!' don-ohio (:^D
don-ohio
Regional Rider

re: Moped Movie!

Postby chris » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:13 am

hi jd ive just read your post i havent seen that video but i am going to look for it ,sounds good im in northern england about 1hrs drive south of the lake district http://www.keswick.u-net.com/ldp.htm thats where i spend most of my spare time,i dont think mopeds can be rented but i could be wrong........cheers chris http://www.golakes.co.uk/Default.asp?bh ... fx=8,0,0,0
chris
Net Rider

Return to Mopeds in the Media