Tomos USA Destroys the arrow

News about Mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Tomos USA Destroys the arrow

Postby mroa » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:35 am

FYI,

Tomos USA has just destroyed their moped, the "Arrow"

take a look at: www.heeters.com

the "new" 2007 model of the arrow destroys the traditional look with some modern design that makes it look like it's from outter space. YUCK !!!!

Up until now, the tomos arrow has been one of the top sellers in the U.S.
I can't say that is will be that way much longer?

Please do me a favor and email tomos and let them know that they just screwed up a good thing. PLEASE !!!!
(www.tomosusa.com)

please, don't get me wrong. i like the new modern style mopeds and scooters that are available, but the new tomos design is nothing like the other stuff that is out there.

i'm 6' 2" and the open front is very helpful when riding the arrow style mopeds (or it was until the 2007 model came out). unfortunately the modern style mopeds are not designed for us long legged boys. traditional style mopeds fit us better and we don't have to wear our knee caps in our noses ;)
Moped Riders of America
mroa
Net Rider

re: Tomos USA Destroys the arrow

Postby jswift » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:59 am

That's why they still make the ST. If you are 6'2" and a lard ass like I am, ST is your only option. But Hey, I think that Tomos USA has destroyed the Tomos by outsourcing! Tinfoil hats FTW!
--"After a fell day in the saddle, there is not too much numb bum from the soft comfort seat" www.scooterdepot.us/50cc-Gas-Moped-Scooter-p-436.html"
jswift
Net Rider

Postby Targa5150 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:36 pm

yep, The arrow is the ugliest thing I have ever seen... Like a moped mating with a scooter mating with an insect.... YUCK

Alan
50cc Of total Insanity -
HELP.. Im lost in Hillbilly hell!!!
My Ride - Yellow '05 Targa LX (45mph)
Targa5150
Distinguished Rider

Postby targaped » Mon May 05, 2008 9:44 pm

The new Tomos oil pump drive connector is said to be a risk at 500 miles, and they're not offering to upgrade it. Burned out engines will kill Tomos if anything does.
Space Travel by moped would be fun, provided we up the hp to mega speed of light cubed
targaped
Net Rider

Re: re: Tomos USA Destroys the arrow

Postby steamboat » Tue May 06, 2008 7:22 am

targaped wrote:The new Tomos oil pump drive connector is said to be a risk at 500 miles, and they're not offering to upgrade it. Burned out engines will kill Tomos if anything does.

Tomos gves a 6 months warranty . IMO Their warranty claims would be sky high if that were true. Several of our members rode Tomos bikes from Ohio to Florida and back wothout problems. Jim

http://www.stevesmoped.com/faqs/example ... ranty.html

Tomos USA warrants all parts of the Tomos Street line motorcycles, and covers any repairs needed to correct defective material and workmanship, except those listed below as not covered. It will cover for six (6) months from date of purchase, as indicated on the warranty registration,
I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
steamboat
Distinguished Rider

Postby targaped » Tue May 06, 2008 9:04 am

Hi Steamboat . . I rode my 2001 Tomos Targa LX 10,000 miles before I developed problems, and I appreciate Tomos' strength and quality, so I'm really just posting hoping to draw Tomos' attention to what I've read in other forums .. to possibly do something about a potential problem so they won't lose sales and go out of business so I can keep buying Tomos.
Maybe we should all email Tomos Canada, or Slovenia?
Space Travel by moped would be fun, provided we up the hp to mega speed of light cubed
targaped
Net Rider

Postby steamboat » Tue May 06, 2008 2:11 pm

targaped, I can see what you are trying to accomplish but what you are really doing is spreading a rumor which goes from one forum to another on the internet making Tomos look bad. We had one rider that got a soft seize because his oil lines were twisted and he he must have posted several hundred times that the Tomos oil injection system was junk. this spread like wildfire on the internet but was never proven. Tomos will know when they have a problem when and if they have pay for a bunch of engines. Jim
I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
steamboat
Distinguished Rider

Postby TargaRider6 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:40 pm

wow that thing looks like an anorexic moped with a tiny ass
I Ride To Pass The Time!
TargaRider6
Net Rider

Return to Mopeds in the Media