Man on 2000 tomos killed in SC

News about Mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Postby Micronaut » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:13 pm

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/16652189.htm

Man killed after moped collides with truck
A man riding a moped just outside Rock Hill died this week after he collided with a truck, authorities said.

The man, whose identity had not been released Wednesday pending notification of family members, died of head trauma from the Tuesday night collision, said Sabrina Gast, York County interim coroner.

About 6:20 p.m., the man rode a 2000 Thomas moped north along U.S. 21 bypass. Moshe Galam, 27, of Hollywood, Fla., was traveling south in a 2006 box truck.

The S.C. Highway Patrol said Galam was attempting to make a left turn onto U.S. 21 bypass when the moped struck Galam’s truck. The moped rider was taken to Piedmont Medical Center, where he later died.—(Rock Hill) Herald
Micronaut
Distinguished Rider

re: Man on 2000 tomos killed in SC

Postby Smitty » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:27 pm

Wayne, I edited this post, as it should read SC, not NC. I was raised in Rock Hill, SC, and know the place that this occurred. I am also more personally saddened that the victim may very well have been someone whom I grew up with :^(
Smitty
Master Regional Rider

Postby Micronaut » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:49 pm

I was saddened by this story. A lot of times there's some question of if it's a scooter, a moped or just a small bike but when it's a specific brand we all know I feel sick with worry it's someone we know.

I don't know why it matters, no matter what it's a rider down. But when the article mentions 'pedals', 'puch', 'tomos', 'kinetic' etc.

When I post these stories I always worry it could be someone here.

Thoughts are with the family, terrible loss.
Micronaut
Distinguished Rider

Postby Smitty » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:12 pm

Wayne, have you found any more information about this particular tragedy? I'd just want to know what the Rider's name is ... because as I said before, that is the town that I grew up in. I'm also greatly saddened whenever a Rider goes down ... but it hurts even more when you actually know the person.
Smitty
Master Regional Rider

Return to Mopeds in the Media