[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - Made in China

Made in China

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Made in China

Postby steamboat » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:50 am

I know a lot of people bitch about chinese productss so I Googled some name brands. Notice I included "production" in the search trying to eliminate stray uses. This may include complete products and\or parts but all are produced in China. Jim

Results 1 - 10 of about 712,000 for honda motorcycle production china

Results 1 - 10 of about 291,000 for yamaha motorcycle production china

Results 1 - 10 of about 405,000 for suzuki motorcycle production china

Results 1 - 10 of about 182,000 for harley davidson motorcycle production china

Results 1 - 10 of about 198 for tomos moped production china

Results 1 - 10 of about 208,000 for vespa scooter production china
Distinguished Rider

re: Made in China

Postby pehuskey » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:19 am

It's not so much where they are produced.
It's the company that is selling it and the network
and reputation behind the product.
It is nearly impossible to buy things that aren't manufactured partly in China.
It is something different to buy something from a wholly owned Chinese company.
Fight apathy...or don't, whatever.
Three tips to better posting . , SHIFT
pehuskey
Master Regional Rider

Postby steamboat » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:43 am

I agree but many people think any thing from China is junk. Jim
I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
steamboat
Distinguished Rider

Postby pehuskey » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:45 pm

a lot of it is
pehuskey
Master Regional Rider

Postby harrywr2 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:10 pm

harrywr2
Net Rider

Postby tomos_ATX50 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:25 am

ATX50C made in Yugoslavia
Bubba Zanetti....ultimate bad guy
tomos_ATX50
Net Rider

Postby erie guy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:01 am

I currently own two "chinese scoots" (courtesy of The Chinese Scooter Club -UK), one of which I ride regularly. They both required extensive assembly, out of the crate. As a side note, over my 54 years on this planet, I've also owned, and/or ridden, Harley's, Honda's, Yamaha's, Vespa's, Tomos's, Puch's, etc..
When assembling one of these "ebay" scooters, it's easy to notice the burred cast metal, flimsy welds, loose bolts, metal shavings, "extra" washers/bolts laying on bottom of the crate - damn, the things even smelled cheap, when I opened the box.
However, I have friends that purchased identical machines (in style, but had different manufacturer on ID plate, typical of Chinese motorsport products), already assembled, from a "brick and mortar" dealer, and they enjoy them, with relatively few problems. And the biggest draw was, it was $4K less than a "Gran Turismo", but offered the same thrill, and amenities.
Anyone that is a true two cycle/four stroke motorsports enthusiast, should know what to expect, from an "out of the box" el-cheapo, and make it work.
Those that just want a no-hassle ride, can still enjoy it, at the same low cost, when you let a dealer assemble/service them. To thos types of riders, the "cheap Chinese" handle, is not an issue.
Obviously, there is no resale value, like a Vespa, Kymco, etc. But, for the money, and routine maintenance, you can ride it into the ground, put what pieces are left on the tree-lawn for trash pick-up, and still be money ahead.
That is why it is hard to recommend a Chinese scooter to a "newbie", looking for help in making a choice. It's easy to tell them to throw the big money down for a Kymco, Piaggio, etc., for the "reliability" factor, but is that really necessary? I think not.
Greg

After making a decison, have no regrets.
erie guy
Net Rider

Postby bamathieu » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:46 pm

Fantastic explaination harrywr2...

That should be a Sticky.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2000 Tomos Targa LX
Blue and Gold...
bamathieu
Net Rider

Postby TugBoat » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:13 am

not that is has to do with the production of the bike but i have a step through scooter giving to me from my uncle, non-running, tweaked somethings cleaned it up and now it is running absolutely perfect. i have had it just over two years. don't know if i am spelling it write but the name is QUINQ, it is Chinese, honestly never heard of this bike and cant find info about it i ride this bike everyday, zero problems. i also have a Tomos and i love the Tomos but this bike is much easier to ride more comfortable and some reason it just feels stronger....sometimes haha
TugBoat
Net Rider

Postby Kevin Harrell » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:53 am

At one time made in Japan meant cheep and shoddy. So much so that even today some mistakes are made in references see the attached.

I think that they meant to say made in China.
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the war room.
Kevin Harrell
Regional Rider

Postby steamboat » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:00 pm

I think you spell it QUINQI. I had one that ran good.

Google Quinqi parts, I think you will get some info. Jim
steamboat
Distinguished Rider

Postby pehuskey » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:21 pm

Of all the chinese stuff I think those were the best.
That's the company that has bought Benelli and makes Keeway now.
They use a lot of US parts suppliers. Again, it's not so much the actual product, it's the network of support that comes with it.
pehuskey
Master Regional Rider

Postby mountainmoped » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:41 pm

One thing the Chinese are real good at making is babies.

When I was in elementary school the teacher told us that if you lined all the Chinese up and started marching them off a cliff you would never get to the end of the line. This told me that (check this pehuskey) they could "DO IT" while they were standing up, marching. From that time on I have always had the utmost respect for the ability of the Chinese to do the impossible!
Bryan
mountainmoped
Master Regional Rider

Postby steamboat » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:43 pm

I think Verucci is part of that group and all use a 50cc Yamaha clone engine. Jim
steamboat
Distinguished Rider

Postby CaptPilot » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:40 pm

Folks,

I purchased a Q Link Pegasus 153cc from Knoxville Honda/Yahama last fall and now have 500 miles on it. It was sold fully checked out and with a two year warranty for $2300. I asked them to install a trickle charger cable before delivery. So far no problems and a fast scooter. It has a good manual and water cooled engine.
CaptPilot
Net Rider

Next

Return to Scooter Riders