[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - Think having a dealer means you'll get service? Maybe not.

Think having a dealer means you'll get service? Maybe not.

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Think having a dealer means you'll get service? Maybe not.

Postby JD » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:50 am

...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

re: Think having a dealer means you'll get service? Maybe n

Postby blueturnswhite » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:33 pm

Well JD working in a small engine shop i get a lot of these kind of things. From the shop standpoint, its really hard to work on things you cant get parts for. I cant tell you how many guys i have pissed off due to that, you just have to say no after a while. You get really tired of customers calling due to you having parts backordered for 9 months because the supplier cant get them from china. I try to help people when i can, but, it just doesnt work out most times. then again i work in a chainsaw/lawn mower shop not a motorcycle shop.
1977 peugeot 103
1978 vespa ciao
1980 puch maxi
1978 Amf roadmaster
1 custom moped
blueturnswhite
Net Rider

Postby John » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:26 pm

But why the hassle? He shows up with tire and tube and wants a turn around. These kinds of shops do it everyday. You want business then cater to the customer. Granted some really can't be helped but when its put on a plate in front of you. Have a meal. Just don't understand some people sometimes.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby jswift » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:43 pm

If you are in bumfuk, I can understand the "we don't fix these." Finding parts is impossible. That is what TOMOS has going for it, that you can get parts via internet, or dealer. Please move to where I live, and try to buy clothes if you are 6'2" and 260. Everything is sized for limpwrist WASPS 5'8" and 160. When I was stupid enough to own a car, things were even worse. Any moron can open a car repair shop, and they usually do.
--"After a fell day in the saddle, there is not too much numb bum from the soft comfort seat" www.scooterdepot.us/50cc-Gas-Moped-Scooter-p-436.html"
jswift
Net Rider

Postby supercub » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:03 am

supercub
Regional Rider

Postby codyology » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:18 pm

The same thing happens at my buddy's shop alot. Just because because it says john deere on the side of it doesn't mean you got a john deere motor. which most people don't understand the concept that cheaper is always better. Example the other day a guy come by with a John deere mower thinking we could help him out, so he run this story by us and all I could do was laugh sadly. He first when by the john deere dealership near my house and that they were alittle high and said hell i can by it cheaper at home depot so he bought it and all went well til it broke. If ya'll don't know all products at a john deere dealership has the john deere motors or yanmar(big tractors). But the home depot lovely specials don't which at times the parts are hard as hell to get ahold of if you can at all. the end of the story ended when he called back the john deere dealership and they told him the same thing and it cost alot more to fix.
codyology
Net Rider

Return to Scooter Riders