Tomos scooters

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Tomos scooters

Postby MetMan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:00 pm

Are Tomos scooters actually sold anywhere? I am looking for a Velo 150, and have not been able to find a dealer. Tomos moped dealers do not seem to sell scooters, or even know anything about them. They've been out for a couple of years now, and I can't seem to find anything about them on the web anywhere.
MetMan
Net Rider

re: Tomos scooters

Postby moebobbie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:54 am

Don't know about CA but they're selling here on the east coast. Have you tried contacting TOMOS for a dealer near you?

Moe
Owner of a 2012 Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec, a nice little 1995 Tomos Targa TTLX (Baba Looey) and now a very pretty 2008 Tomos LX (Bunny)
moebobbie
Regional Rider

Postby John » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:11 am

Tomos dealers sell them here in Ontario. Mind you I really don't think any of them know anything about 4T scooters!
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby MetMan » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:05 pm

Ok, thanks. I found 4 Tomos dealers nearby, none of them sell Tomos scooters, and don't seem to even know they exist. Apparently it's a whole different thing here, like Tomos mopeds and Tomos scooters come from a totally different company. They are also completely sold out of mopeds, but said they are expecting some new models soon. I did find a couple at Heeters, but they don't have the model I want, and they add on about $400 in shipping and dealer prep.
MetMan
Net Rider

Postby moebobbie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:02 pm

It may be a dealership licensing thing.
Here in CT a dealership doesn't need a motorvehicle sales license to sell mopeds under 50cc's. Anything over requires that DMV license.

Moe
Owner of a 2012 Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec, a nice little 1995 Tomos Targa TTLX (Baba Looey) and now a very pretty 2008 Tomos LX (Bunny)
moebobbie
Regional Rider

Return to Scooter Riders