!980 Suzuki FA50 throttle bog

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

!980 Suzuki FA50 throttle bog

Postby mark12 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:48 pm

I have been working to tune my fa 50's carb so that ti doesn't bog at wide open throttle. The bike appeared to be getting bogged by too much gas at wide open (blue smoke out the muffler) so I am thinking the machine has a vaccuum leak somewhere in the case or elsewhere that is not allowing the proper air fuel ratio at high CFM the reason whyI susspect this is because this bike has a vaccuum line that comes from the carb that goes to the petcock to assist gas flow , when I disconect and plug the vaccuum line I am able to attain a higher rpm. I have cleaned the carb twice and looked at spark all is fine and compression is good. The other thing that may be happening is the reeds may be dirty or shot but that will be the next job, it involves droping the motor down and I will not attempt until I have a gasket.
Any advise or input would be appreciated

P.S. the bike only has less than 2000 miles on it
Daily Driver
Net Rider

re: !980 Suzuki FA50 throttle bog

Postby maddog » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:42 pm

a vaccuum leak will not give you throttle bog, pull the trans cover and check the weights for flat spots worn ramp guides, also pull off the rear drive pulley take off the clutch turn & spread the pulley if it binds that causes throttle bog, you can pull the sleave & grease it but if it still binds its shot.
Some people dream about speed! blink and im gone!
Net Rider

re: !980 Suzuki FA50 throttle bog

Postby ODINXXIX » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:40 pm

yes its an old post but het i just got here. the fa50 is gear and chain drive.
1986 honda spree(bbk)
1982 suzuki FA50
Net Rider

Return to Scooter Riders