[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - Gps speed

Gps speed

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Gps speed

Postby codyology » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:44 pm

so i was out cruising and get my brother-in-laws garmin and decided to see how far off the speedo was.

here is the gps picture, it's bad quality cause of the phone

not the fastest i've gone but 55.8mph isn't bad for a stock 50 2-stroke.

except for the tweaks Bryan did to it before i got it

the speedo was off 1mph which i think is great.
codyology
Net Rider

re: Gps speed

Postby John » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:45 am

John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby codyology » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:46 am

codyology
Net Rider

Postby maddog » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:51 am

mine does the same, derestricted+larger carb.
Some people dream about speed! blink and im gone!
maddog
Net Rider

Postby Ralph C Barger » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:02 am

Thanks, Cody. You answered my question before I asked it.
I am planning to get a TGB Delivery Scoot from Bryan later this summer and was trying to decide between the 49.8CC or the 151 cc. Leaning towards the 49.8 if it was derestricted and could achieve a top of 55mph.
I have a Tomos Revival, from MountainMoped, and enjoy it more than my Tank 150 or 250. Plan to sell the 250 later and stick to the smaller engine
size but could not make up my mind on the TGB. Your post had the info I was looking for.
Ralph
Believe in the possibility of doing the impossible.
Ralph C Barger
Net Rider

Postby xrongor » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:26 am

its neat and all, but i cant help but think that 50cc bikes doing 50+ wont be very reliable in the long run.

if you really want to cruise at those speeds id get the 150.

randy
"In this world there's two kinds of people... Those with loaded guns, and those who dig." -- Blondie to Tuco
xrongor
Net Rider

Postby John » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:52 am

Barger, I would do the 151cc with that larger container following you around. If just inner city travel then the 49cc.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby Ralph C Barger » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:32 am

John, Randy, thanks guys, for the input. Like most of us I am a 2 wheel junkie with a preference for 50cc bikes. I live in a relatively rural area, ride on state roads, make local PU&D's for some of my clients but most of my runs are to the PO to ship mail orders and to the bank!!!!! 8^). The pleasure riding is all done on back roads or roads with 55 mph limits. Most trips of 15 miles or less. The Tank 150, my Red Mule, is used for longer trips or where more speed
is needed. Otherwise good advise from you both.
Thanks, Ralph
Ralph C Barger
Net Rider

Postby codyology » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:40 pm

yea i mainly cruise, but it just one of those things if i need it i got it. Cause when I ride to atlanta for near where ralph lives sometimes you got to open it up.
codyology
Net Rider

Postby mountainmoped » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:00 pm

I just got in good inexpensive cylinder/carb kits for the 49cc Keeway and also for the 49cc TGB.
Bryan
mountainmoped
Master Regional Rider

Postby Ralph C Barger » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:02 am

Ralph C Barger
Net Rider

Postby codyology » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:35 am

I got the keeway matrix from Bryan,

That's good to hear Bryan I'm waiting on a check from my school at the moment. When that happens we'll have to put a game plan together on some parts, hopefully i get that check before I head to bryson. Getting a truck with it too so I'll figure that out before project rebuild happens.

I was going to come over that weekend you were having the yardsale but my dad had a hip replacement on that Wednesday before and we are still moving stuff around so he can get thru the house good.
codyology
Net Rider

Return to Scooter Riders