[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - help listing automatic 4 stroke 50cc moto-looking scooter

help listing automatic 4 stroke 50cc moto-looking scooter

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

help listing automatic 4 stroke 50cc moto-looking scooter

Postby dddd » Thu May 14, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi,

I had little success finding a 4stroke 50cc automatic transmission scooter that has the moto look (like the CPI GTR 50).

I tried on other forum, but it seems I was in the wrong place. SO I try here along with scooters.

The constraints in quebec, is that it must:

a) have 2 mirrors, believe it or not! (none of tomos LX, ST or streetmate are legal, but they are 2 stroke so I don't care.) (article #263 of the road security code)

b) has 50cc or less, has automatic transmission, does not exceed 70 km/h (definition of "cyclomoteur" in the road security code)

c) the front beam light must be powerful enough to detect an object at 90 meters.(article #235 of the road security code). Ok that one is hard to assert, so forget it for now.

So, besides doing my homework about the law, besides the CPI GTR 50 which is illegal in quebec province (and for which it is next to impossible to get parts, so I don't care anymore about that model), I cannot find any moto-looking scooter. The only 4 stroke, all CVT for the moment, are regular plastic-looking scooters with the foot rest (I don't know how you call that...).

I find really bizarre that NO manufacturer is catching up on that big hole in the market...

So, do you, members, have heard of 50cc 4 stroke automatic transmission moto-looking scooter/moped/noped?

Thanks!
dddd
Net Rider

re: help listing automatic 4 stroke 50cc moto-looking scoote

Postby supercub » Thu May 14, 2009 9:26 pm

What about a scooter with large rims, like the Yamaha Zuma, and stripping it down like a naked bike? I saw one like that in Scoot magazine a couple of months ago. You coule even get a 4 stroke plastic scoot and customize it like that and it would look pretty trick.
supercub
Regional Rider

Postby maddog » Wed May 20, 2009 11:54 pm

Some people dream about speed! blink and im gone!
maddog
Net Rider

going to get a license instead

Postby dddd » Thu May 21, 2009 6:39 pm

dddd
Net Rider

Postby maddog » Thu May 21, 2009 7:27 pm

Some people dream about speed! blink and im gone!
maddog
Net Rider

Return to Scooter Riders