[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - Just took home a Zuma 125!

Just took home a Zuma 125!

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Just took home a Zuma 125!

Postby Bubs » Tue May 26, 2009 8:03 pm

Well, I never thought it would happen but I just purchased a brand new vehicle! Being without a motorbike this summer (Triple's out of commission, '86 Razz blew up), I decided it was worth a go. Basically, it's a larger, more powerful version of the original Yamaha Zuma. This has a 125cc four-stroke, four valve SOHC single cylinder with fuel injection to boot!

This means that it will actually keep up with traffic, unlike my Razz, but still return 90-100mpg with a cruising speed of 55mph. I took it home today without even a mile on it, brand spankin' new. I have to break it in for around six hundred miles, so I haven't gotten it up to speed but it definitely has get-up-and-go even at one-third throttle and has plenty more to give at speeds that the '86 Razz was WOT.

Basically, it's a great all-round commuter. Cheap to run and cheap to insure, and a great way to establish my credit. I do not intend to rely on credit, but it will help if I eventually need to take out a home loan in the future.

Bubs

Re: Just took home a Zuma 125!

Postby tortoise » Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 pm

tortoise
Net Rider

re: Just took home a Zuma 125!

Postby oilyhans » Tue May 26, 2009 9:24 pm

Adly, TGB & TNG Scooters
MRP Racing Parts
Fulmer Helmets
Kelly Blue Book Contributor on Scooter prices
http://whidbeyislandmoped.com/
http://whidbeyislandmoped.com/cart
oilyhans
Net Rider

Postby Bubs » Wed May 27, 2009 11:55 am

I watched them prep everything, and the guy took it for a spin around the parking lot. They then showed me everything they checked, showed me how everything functions and I loaded it in the truck. I elected to not ride it home since it would be a 55mph road and I am strictly following break-in procedures. I rode it for a good sixteen miles yesterday and it rides great.

My only concern I have is figuring out this weird "oil-strainer" it has. I am a second year automotive student and I need to get a shop manual to figure out the removal/installation procedure for the 600-mile service. I would prefer to not pay $180 for an oil change, thank you.
Bubs

Re: re: Just took home a Zuma 125!

Postby tortoise » Wed May 27, 2009 4:18 pm

tortoise
Net Rider

Postby John » Wed May 27, 2009 5:24 pm

John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby codyology » Wed May 27, 2009 7:14 pm

just curious what is that cap that sits right at the first of the seat ?
codyology
Net Rider

Postby Bubs » Wed May 27, 2009 7:24 pm

Wow, very easy then! Thanks for the info and also thanks for the PDF service manual.

To the above, it's the gas cap.

Edit: However, it seems that my Adobe Acrobat cannot "decrypt this document". Anyone else having this problem?
Bubs

Postby oilyhans » Thu May 28, 2009 10:22 am

a ride around the parking lot is not a test ride
you gota put a least 8km/5m on them , before you
give them to a customer ;~)
of course its a yahama and the quality is better than most
but still i'd take it for the road test.
Adly, TGB & TNG Scooters
MRP Racing Parts
Fulmer Helmets
Kelly Blue Book Contributor on Scooter prices
http://whidbeyislandmoped.com/
http://whidbeyislandmoped.com/cart
oilyhans
Net Rider

Postby Bubs » Thu May 28, 2009 4:06 pm

Well, I suppose they should have done that. Thankfully, it runs and rides fine though.
Bubs

Postby Bubs » Thu May 28, 2009 4:59 pm

Sorry for the double post, too late to edit my own one. Anyone else experiencing trouble opening that service manual PDF? It does not work for me.
Bubs

Postby John » Thu May 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Doesn't for me either.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Re: re: Just took home a Zuma 125!

Postby tortoise » Thu May 28, 2009 7:07 pm

tortoise
Net Rider

Postby Bubs » Fri May 29, 2009 3:24 pm

I was able to get the manual all set. Thanks!

I've got myself around 40 miles on it now, about to go for another ride.
Bubs

Return to Scooter Riders