[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - Up Date On Funny Pipe inExhaust Manifold.

Up Date On Funny Pipe inExhaust Manifold.

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Up Date On Funny Pipe inExhaust Manifold.

Postby Ray Casci » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:53 am

My scooter is a 2009. I don't know if this matters but the pipe in my manifold goes to an air pump and my stock exhaust has a catilitic converter in it. What a pile of horsecrap!
The dealer said put an aftermarket pipe and use a marble to clog the air pump port then screw the end of hose that goes to pipe to retain marble. I also pulledthe ring in the veriator, this wasn't hard but the threads are reverse On the crank.
The ring slips out and then just carefully reassemble. I can see A top speed change already and the generic jet is still in the carb so I'm four stroking on top. The jet should be at a dealer I'm using, today. Then I'll see the upper RPM scale instead of that four stroke crap. Well new jet and a new plug or two for reading andthings should get to where it will run like I want.
George I'll be seeing you for the pipe, almost there, But don't know about weights until I can see the top end and the pulley without ring and Breaking up ! Carry on Riders, Ray.....
Enjoy life,Treat others like family. Ray.
Ray Casci
Net Rider

re: Up Date On Funny Pipe inExhaust Manifold.

Postby oilyhans » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Ray,
can you ask the dealer you are chummy with if he knows the size
of the stock main jet?.or what size did he get for you?
on the tgb products with the morini motor they use a #60
which is smaller than other stock jets in 49cc scooters

oilyhans
Adly, TGB & TNG Scooters
MRP Racing Parts
Fulmer Helmets
Kelly Blue Book Contributor on Scooter prices
http://whidbeyislandmoped.com/
http://whidbeyislandmoped.com/cart
oilyhans
Net Rider

Return to Scooter Riders