[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - new moped, no spark

new moped, no spark

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

new moped, no spark

Postby mrice » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:15 pm

I bought a moped brand new, and rode it for about 100 feet. Then it quit, and I cant get it started again. It has no spark, and I replaced the coil and that did nothing for me. All my local repair shops said they wouldnt touch it. And that I have a bad wire or something, good luck finding it. Any suggestions???
mrice
Net Rider

re: new moped, no spark

Postby tortoise » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:28 pm

At the disadvantage of not knowing which engine your moped has . . .
tortoise
Net Rider

Postby mrice » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:43 pm

its an Extreme xm-150cc. my kill switch is put in backwards, and the wire conector was falling off the kill switch, after I repluged it in, and realize that its backwards, I still have nothing.
mrice
Net Rider

Postby mrice » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:21 am

Thanks tortoise, some where in that link I read something about being on the center stand to start. Wow I love it when its something simple like that. When I put it in the garage to assemble it, naturally I put it on the center stand, when it died, I just used the side stand. Thanks again!!!
2008 extreme xm-150
mrice
Net Rider

Postby Tab » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:50 am

Did you replace the CDI module?
Tab
Master Regional Rider

Postby mrice » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:32 pm

I replaced the coil, and tried it again. Just to later find out that it was just the the side kick stand was down. I have it all working and running great now. I never had a moped with a side stand, just the center stand. So I didnt know about that till the other day. All this new fangled technology, lol.
2008 extreme xm-150
mrice
Net Rider

Postby oilyhans » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:27 am

It became law in '06 that you could not start the scooter
while on the side stand.
Because the rear wheel is in contact with
the ground and if you rev it the scoot will lurch forward
coming off the stand and falling over.

oilyhans
Adly, TGB & TNG Scooters
MRP Racing Parts
Fulmer Helmets
Kelly Blue Book Contributor on Scooter prices
http://whidbeyislandmoped.com/
http://whidbeyislandmoped.com/cart
oilyhans
Net Rider

Postby John » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:25 pm

John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Return to Scooter Riders