Baotion bt50 qt-9 Acting very slowly

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Baotion bt50 qt-9 Acting very slowly

Postby adammint7 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi

I am new to bikes so be nice:)

i just got a new drive belt for my bike and it was fited profesionaly. the bike now seems really slow, the engine starts first time but there does not seem like there is much power, it seems to be running at half power. i was talking to the person who runs a motobike show and he said that the carburetor needs cleaning....but he would charge £40 an hour and it may not even be that.

is there a way i can clean my carbereta by my self cheaply??. or what elce could it be...thanks guys
adammint7
Net Rider

re: Baotion bt50 qt-9 Acting very slowly

Postby HondaExpress » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:19 pm

If the bike was running fine, just before the new belt was installed, why not try putting the old belt back on, just for diagnostic purposes?
Cleaning a carb can be difficult, if you have not done it before.
If you do clean the carb, you should get an exploded diagram first.
The next thing would be to record the existing settings.
Everything from the mixture screw to the idle speed screw. You should also record the mid range need clip position. I am a certified auto mechanic and have rebuilt many carburaters but I still take the time to record old settings, just in case I need to go back to them. Good luck.
HondaExpress
Net Rider

Postby John » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:13 am

Probably the roller weights should have been changed when the belt was changed out. Both go hand in hand with the performance of the transmission. Unless you have been having poor idling and throttle response then I wouldn't think your carb is the problem.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby adammint7 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:09 am

ok, guys, i have booked it in for a check up £40 an hour (OMG). if its the rollers then i will need to order them and fit them myself because i am only a student and i cant afford to have the bike company spending 3 hours on it.

thanks for all the help.. also could it be the clutch
adammint7
Net Rider

Return to Scooter Riders