My newest Honda Scoot....

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

My newest Honda Scoot....

Postby mopedlar » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:20 pm

Yesterday, I picked up this 1993 Honda Elite CH80 from the 85 y.o. original owner. It has 37 original miles! The bike is showroom new. The only "catch" is the artwork/advertisement on the trunk of the bike. I actually like the way it was done, so I think I'm gonna leave it the way it is. This is my third CH80.

The CH80 was manufactured from 1985-2007 without change other than decals. IMO, it's the best scoot Honda ever made. It does 45 mph on flats and pulls up hills beautifully. It's hard to ride my mopeds after riding one of these scoots.

MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

re: My newest Honda Scoot....

Postby JD » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:03 pm

That's a beauty!

I seriously considered a CH80 back when they were still selling them new, but opted to pursue the kitted moped route, instead, so that I wouldn't have to deal with a motorcycle endorsement and insurance. In retrospect, I'm not unhappy with the decision I made, although it led to the ultimate replacement of one Tomos for another, and then the addition of the TGB scooter. If had gone with the CH80, I'd probably still have that one single bike and be running the wheels off it. Life would have been simpler...although simpler isn't always better, I suppose. And I wouldn't have met all the MRA folks or participated in all the great rides we've done together.
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

re: My newest Honda Scoot....

Postby mountainmoped » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:36 pm

The scooters are much more practical for long rides or reliability, but when I want to just ride for fun I'll take the moped any day.
Bryan
mountainmoped
Master Regional Rider

Return to Scooter Riders