Hi need help with a vento triton r4

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Hi need help with a vento triton r4

Postby codycollin71 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:18 am

srry if this is the wrong place i joined just so i could ask this lol

ok im buying a 05 vento triton r4 on monday for 400 bux wich isnt bad at all i live in michigan so are laws are pretty simple on mopeds, would be a great deal for me cause im mainly gonna get it to go train and to work so prob les then 50 miles a day. i beleive its less then 1500 im not sure though, ok to my question the moped is in ok condition its missing the side plastics but appears to be in good condition under it dont see no bad wires or scratchs also he says the batter might be dead so the blinkers work but they dont blink? and then only the kick start works other then that he says it runs and drives great no sputtering or any knocking. so would this be a good value? sorry about the run, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
codycollin71
Net Rider

re: Hi need help with a vento triton r4

Postby JD » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:11 am

I've moved this to the scooter forum. The Vento is a scooter, regardless of how Michigan classifies it legally.

You're asking for an assessment of the value without really giving us any useful information about its operating condition. You're not really sure how many miles are on it. You don't know if the battery is dead or not. And you have no information on how it runs, other than what the seller is telling you.

My advice is this: Spend $50 and buy a battery that fits the thing, and show up at the seller's place with it. Install the battery and see if the signal lights and electric start work properly. If it starts and runs well, and handles securely, then $400 isn't a lot to spend for a well-running 50cc scooter. And you'll need the battery, anyway.

If it doesn't work right, well, then you're out the cost of a battery. But that's better than wasting $400 on a potential piece of junk. And you can probably sell it on Craigslist, anyway.
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Re: Hi need help with a vento triton r4

Postby tortoise » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:36 pm

codycollin71 wrote:gonna get it to go train and to work so prob les then 50 miles a day

VERY high probability that you will regret the 30 mph speed limitations of a 50cc moped. Reduce the odds of becoming an organ donor by selecting a scooter that will ACTUALLY keep up with other traffic!
tortoise
Net Rider

Postby maddog » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Only 2 problems that i have noticed is the throttle tube will break due to a hard carb return spring, also if it smokes alot just back off on the oil pump cable, change the front pulley out for a performance one = easy 50mph
Some people dream about speed! blink and im gone!
maddog
Net Rider

Postby codycollin71 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:34 pm

umm the guy said it works fine and its just pree mix he removed oil pump and i want a 50cc moped in mi u dont need licence or insurance for a 50cc moped so it works for me also he said it runs fine other then the battery is dead is what he assumed im going to test drive it tomorrow appreciate the answers ill let u guys kno ive heard that this version of vento is pretty fast any ways and is durable for the most part lol thanks guys will give full update tomorrow
codycollin71
Net Rider

Return to Scooter Riders