Kim's new Kymco!

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

re: Kim's new Kymco!

Postby John » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:58 am

Good one Bryan.......
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby mopedlar » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Kim and I had an awesome ride to Hot Dog Johnny's on our Kymco scoots. We put almost 50 miles on them today. I have to say, there's nothing like the feel and ride of a brand new scooter. I like my 30 year old Honda Elites, but everytime I go out on them, I never know if I'm gonna make it back home without breaking down. I should have gotten a new one a long time ago.
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Postby JD » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:55 pm

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Lisa and I did our first ride of the season today as well: Exactly 50 miles including shopping stops at the Costco Cathedral of Consumption and some people watching at Walmart. LOL!

The Buddys have been whining and scratching at the garage door to get out for days now. It was time.

I really enjoyed the new windshield I installed. It's higher than the old one and does a much better job of keeping wind noise out of my ears. I don't need no stinkin' ear plugs anymore!
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby mopedlar » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:12 pm

I sold both Honda scooters today. Now I've got to fill the space I just freed up :-)
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Postby mopedlar » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:25 pm

Well, it didn't take me long to fill that parking spot where my Elite 125 was parked. I just bought a one owner 2006 Kymco People 250. She's a sweet looking ride. I was going to offer it my friend who is looking for a scooter for himself, but I don't think I can let this one go. It's currently at my buddy's motorcycle shop in town, getting a once over. I'll post pics as soon as I get her back from the shop. These Kymco scooters are addictive.
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Postby JD » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:08 pm

And YOU are obsessive compulsive. LOL! I thought you sold the two Hondas to make space for the Kymco Like?

You rationalize shopping the way my ex-wife did. :-)

jd
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby mopedlar » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:16 pm

I thought you sold the two Hondas to make space for the Kymco Like?

JD, I did, but I found a new parking spot on my motorcycle lift.

I just couldn't pass up this deal. The scoot even came with a really nice white Nolan helmet and a Battery Tender. Kim was looking for a white helmet, so I saved myself at least $150 on that alone.

I love to rationalize :-)
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Postby JD » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:25 pm

I'd be curious to find out if it's a decent set of wheels for two-up riding. If I get another bike, it would probably be something in the 200-300cc class in case Lisa and I want to ride together from time-to-time. The Buddy is a bit cramped for that.

jd
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby mopedlar » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:43 pm

This is what she looks like. Same color and everything except mine doesn't have the top case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Postby mopedlar » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Here she is.....runs like a brand new one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Postby tomos03 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:02 am

Lar, I just sold my Honda Elite 80 last week on Thursday. Two days later on Saturday a deal fell into my lap I couldn't pass up. Scooter count goes back up. It is a sickness. Jeff
tomos03
Net Rider

Postby John » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:20 am

So do tell what it is Jeff.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby tomos03 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:57 am

I got parts of a little Honda Ruckus and put them together with parts I already had and made a complete normal looking Ruckus. Only 186 miles on the 04 Ruckus parts I bought.
I already had an engine trans with rear wheel asy with only 50 miles on it. Its a 2011 engine asy. I put it all together in 12-14 hrs. Runs and looks great. It is only 49cc and will run 38-40mph stock. A change of the variator and it will top out at 44-46mph. Its alot of fun and lots better than a moped. Its a Honda. Jeff
tomos03
Net Rider

Postby moebobbie » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:10 am

AH!!! You guys are ALL sick!!!! Glad I don't have any more room in my shed!!

Hehehehe...Moe
Owner of a 2012 Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec, a nice little 1995 Tomos Targa TTLX (Baba Looey) and now a very pretty 2008 Tomos LX (Bunny)
moebobbie
Regional Rider

Postby John » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:07 pm

So you have 2 Ruckii?
John

John
Master Regional Rider

PreviousNext

Return to Scooter Riders