Yes, I know....I can't help myself!!

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

re: Yes, I know....I can't help myself!!

Postby John » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:09 am

Check the newer Burgman 400 one. Could be adapted. Also Lexan will work and cut to the contour you need. HD industrial valcro or SS nut and bolt with spacers.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby mopedlar » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:29 pm

All serviced and ready to go for the riding season....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Postby JD » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:36 pm

OK, so let me get this straight, Larry: First you decided that mopeds were too much trouble, so you switched to 50cc scooters. Shortly thereafter, you decided that 50cc weren't enough, so you got the two Kymco Like 200's (163cc.)

Now, a year later, you and Kim are saddling up two 250cc Kymcos.

What does this portend for the future? Are the 50's and 163's headed for Craigslist? And will you and Kim be mounting xCiting 500's or Burgman 650's next year?

Size DOES matter, doesn't it? LOL!

And, yes, you CAN'T help yourself. One of your best features, IMO.

jd
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby mopedlar » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:47 pm

JD, my Hondas are actually 80cc :-). I guess it all comes down to where Kim and I are going to ride on a given day. If we're just going out local or want to bring our scoots to the Jersey shore, our 80cc's best fit the bill. If we're going on roads >55 mph or on steep hills, the 250's are better suited than the Likes. I have found the Likes are best suited for roads <55mph.

I've already owned a Burgman 650, and found it to be too heavy a bike for me. I think 250cc is more than enough for Kim and me. I hope Kim likes riding the People 250, because that Grand Vista is mine.
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Postby mopedlar » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:55 pm

I rode my Kymco GV another 30+ miles yesterday. I was concerned about wind buffeting with the short windshield, so I rode with my 3/4 Helmet with bubbleshield. No problem whatsoever, but it's clear that you have to wear some kind of eye protection when riding this scoot. The wind hits you straight in the face. The only negative I could find about this bike was that the smaller 12" wheels are a lot less forgiving than the 16" wheels on my People 250.

Other than that, I am quite pleased with this bike. It will be coming with me to Michigan this summer for the Stem of the Cherry Ride.
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Postby JD » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:43 pm

We're only going to have our Buddy 125s because there's no way I'm going to try to put the Reflex in the back of the Tacoma. So you'll outclass us in displacement. I imagine Chris will have her Big Ruckus, however, so the two of you can drag race.

What is it about the Grand Vista that causes you to prefer it over the People?

jc
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby mopedlar » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:03 pm

I guess what I like best about the GV is that it sits lower to the ground than the People. This is the first large scoot that I don't have to do a balancing act with my feet and the ground when I come to a stop.

I have to admit that I like the look of the People 250 over the GV. The GV looks like a baby Burgman while the People looks more like a conventional scooter.
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Postby mountainmoped » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:14 pm

The Big Ruckus is slow. I have done the upjetting and the lighter rollers to Jeanie's Big Ruckus and my 151cc TGBs will still run away from it up to 50 mph. The Big Ruckus is a great ride but is a dog when it comes to acceleration.
Bryan
mountainmoped
Master Regional Rider

Postby mopedlar » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:58 am

I put another 76 miles on my GV yesterday. She ran like a dream. The weather here today is supposed to be close to 70 degrees. I think I'll take the People 250 out for a spin today. Get out there while the weather is nice!
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Postby JD » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:42 am

We're spending a few days in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky to attend to a some business and see some friends, so we brought the Buddys with us. This is a fantastic place to ride compared to Detroit. This area is great to navigate on scooters, the architecture is beautiful, and the roads are full of hills and curves, even in the city. I forgot how hilly it is here, and it's nice to have sufficient power and decent braking. The mopeds would struggle here, kitted or not. The Buddys, on the other hand, are in their element and are really fun to ride in this area.

High will be about 70 degrees today. We have lots of stops to make, and mileage to log between them, urban, suburban and rural. Maybe I should move back here; it would add at least two months a year to the riding season....

jd
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby John » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:36 am

Just pulled out 3 scoots out of hibernation. Love fuel injection, turn on and wait 10 seconds max and boom they start. Now the Kymco needs a little preyer after lengthly winter storage.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby moebobbie » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:48 am

The big Burgman came out Wednesday for a short ride to Burger King for motorcycle night. It felt soo good to be out on 2 wheels again. The mopeds will come out today. Pilot friend is here from Kentucky and wants to ride his. Supposed to be 70's here this weekend.

Later folks,
Moe
Owner of a 2012 Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec, a nice little 1995 Tomos Targa TTLX (Baba Looey) and now a very pretty 2008 Tomos LX (Bunny)
moebobbie
Regional Rider

Postby mopedlar » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:30 am

My brother and I put on over 110 miles yesterday on the GV and the People 250. We were scouting out the route for the May Invitational Scooter Ride. Both bikes ran like a charm. Kymco makes some great scoots. Can't wait to see everyone this summer.
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Previous

Return to Scooter Riders