Riding Weather

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Riding Weather

Postby mountainmoped » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Jeanie and I rode our scoots for about 20 miles today. This is the first time we have ridden since last October. The weather was great and the scoots ran well. This was the first time in about a year that my back didn't hurt while I was riding. I think I may have had a kidney stone last summer that made riding uncomfortable. I believe I have passed the stone, but will see my doctor next week so hopefully my riding will be more enjoyable. We are having to make our third trip to South Florida later this month. My mother is 90 and Jeanie's dad is 92. I hope we will be able to ride more this summer. We are planning a ride in June from Jasper, GA to Amicalola Falls via Burnt Mountain Road. This road was used by the SCCA for hill climbs in the 1950s and 1960s and is better, longer, and more scenic than the Tail of the Dragon.
Bryan
mountainmoped
Master Regional Rider

re: Riding Weather

Postby tomos03 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:44 am

Bryan, glad to hear your back is better. Hopefully we can get some riding in come June. Chris and I will be coming to that area June 9th for 2 weeks. I added up all my riding miles so far this year. I come up with 930 miles and hopefully lots more to come. Jeff
tomos03
Net Rider

Return to Scooter Riders