Honda Activa, Yamaha Ray or Hero Maestro?

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Honda Activa, Yamaha Ray or Hero Maestro?

Postby mandalm » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:05 am

Hey there, I was wondering whether anyone is able to recommend any of these Scooters. I'm getting my daughter her first scooter and I've found three contenders; The Honda Activa, Yamaha Ray and Hero Maestro. None of them are exactly anything to shout out about from what I can gather but they'll certainly do as my daughters first scooter. I'm not bothered about top-speed as I don't want her racing around anyway but I want something that brakes well, is comfortable to drive and easy to maneuver. We live in India as of the last few years so I'm not entirely sure whether these models are found back home too but these are the one's I'm coming across over here. Thanks, M Mandal
mandalm
Net Rider

Re: Honda Activa, Yamaha Ray or Hero Maestro?

Postby John » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:12 am

None available by their model name in North America. If you want a good reliable scooter I would look at the Kymco lineup. Parts are cheap by anyones standard and are pretty much bullet proof.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby tortoise » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:25 pm

mandalm wrote:want something that brakes well, is comfortable to drive and easy to maneuver

Honda Activa appears to have a front disc brake, and 12" front wheel (slightly less twitchy steering compared to 10") . . but the specs may be different depending on the model year.
tortoise
Net Rider

Postby mandalm » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:47 am

Thanks guys, i've been looking at a few online so i'll see if I can find out what models they are.
mandalm
Net Rider

Return to Scooter Riders