Gillera Runner 125cc sp upgrade info needed

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Gillera Runner 125cc sp upgrade info needed

Postby freeriders » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:10 am

Hello, I have just brought a (matt) red and black Gilera Runner 125cc sp 2005 model, with 30,000 miles on the clock. The previous owner kept the bike in its prime, runs like a dream, starts first time and ticks over nicely, Throttle reacts like a charm, Honestly can not say anything bad about it. I am looking into upgrading my Gilera Runner 125cc sp and buying a 172cc kit, needed for a fast pull off and higher speeds for dual carriageways. What are the more preferred 172 kit brands? And what else would need upgrading to go with it. also what is the difference in speed, Is it worth the upgrade and are they safe and reliable once upgraded? Being as my Runner is running rather well!
I posted this in the wrong forum before hopefully this will get through all good

Since i posted a couple days ago i have been looking into buying the 172cc kit online i have seen Piaggio Hexagon kit, which the specs seem great but im stuck because the malossi kit specs are just about the same i found them on this website - http://www.for-sale.co.uk/f/intsearch?q ... cooter+kit is a good site that gives you good prices but i still don't know what to do?? Please help
Thanks
George
freeriders
Net Rider

Re: Gillera Runner 125cc sp upgrade info needed

Postby John » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:10 am

Could work out for you. Sometimes uping the cc's your dependability goes down. I would think you would also need a tuned pipe and air filter/carb change. If it is FI then mapping of the fuel would maybe needed. See if anybody has done thatmod and left any opinions on the web.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Return to Scooter Riders