Scooter forum purpose

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

re: Scooter forum purpose

Postby steamboat » Sat May 13, 2006 6:24 pm

Hey Jerry, You don't even think a Solex is a real moped so how would you know when something is a motorcycle or a scooter? Jim.
:Re: dumbest mopeds
Author: Jerry (---.dialup.mindspring.com)
Verified User: vulcan
Date Posted: 03-06-06 00:42
I own a Solex, and like it just fine. You have to remember that the Solex is not a true moped, while it does have a motor and pedals, it is more of a motorized bicycle. Also remember that it was quickley developed to provide economical transportation in post WWII France, and is still being made today, with only minor changes. They wouldn’t still be making them if there wasn’t a market for them. In my opinion, the DUMBEST moped would have to be the Motobecane MobyX. It’s so ugly, it doesn’t matter if it’s any good or not. Peace. Jerry
steamboat

Postby ScooterFart » Sun May 21, 2006 7:49 pm

In New Jersey, is a scooter legally a moped? I need to know, since it decides if I get a scooter or a moped! I want a scooter more, but... I need to know please!!!
ScooterFart
Net Rider

Postby steamboat » Mon May 22, 2006 7:57 am

FYI Jim.
http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/moped/mopedman_define.htm
Moped (Motorized Bicycle) Manual – January 2000

Define a MOPED

In New Jersey, a motorized bicycle, or MOPED, is defined by law as a pedal bicycle with a helper motor that has a maximum piston displacement of less than 50 cubic centimeters, or no more than 1.5 brake horsepower, and is capable of a maximum speed of no more than 25 miles per hour on a flat surface. Motorized tricycles are not legal in New Jersey and cannot be operated on public roadways
steamboat

Postby Cyberian » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:18 pm

Just when I thought I had it all figgered out!!

Cyberian

Postby steamboat » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:59 pm

I doubt that a copy of that picture hangs in any HD dealership. I can just see the tears on the faces of the big boys with tattoo's and leather. hehe Jim
steamboat

Postby kidsonroll123 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:08 am

The future belongs to electric scooters. They’re quiet, maneuverable, and environmentally friendly. As traffic gets worse and worse in downtown areas, scooters are going to become an attractive alternative for many people. However, battery life remains a decisive qualitative factor when it comes to electric vehicles.
I’m Tony Tuner, “Chief Marketing Manager” at KidsOnRoll.com.
kidsonroll123
Net Rider

Postby John » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:11 am

How long is your extension cord? Fine for short trips but you are going nowhere! The internal combustion engine is here for a long time yet!
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Re: Scooter forum purpose

Postby SunnieBell » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:15 pm

then what your personal opinion between moped and scooters?
SunnieBell
Net Rider

Re: re: Scooter forum purpose

Postby freeriders » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:59 pm

steamboat wrote:Hey Cyberian. FYI Jim.
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/staticfiles/DO ... pkg002.pdf Motor-driven cycle is defined as a motorcycle with a motor that produces 5-brake horsepower or less.NHTSA Office of Chief counsel has determined that mopeds and motor-driven bicycles fall into this category.49 U.S.C. 30112 requires all motor vehicles (including motorcycles and motor-driven cycles), tocomply with all applicable FMVSS in effect on their date of manufacture. 49 U.S.C. 30165 providesthat whoever violates Section 30112 or regulations issued thereunder, will be subject to a civilpenalty not to exceed $1,100 for each violation, or $925,000 for any related series of violations. The
FMVSS are found at Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations Part 571 (49 CFR 571).

Now that is some serious law knowledge.. i am guessing your a lawyer of some form or just do a lot of reading but i tried to use your link you added and it don't seem to work anymore, is there another link i can use to see??
Thanks
freeriders
Net Rider

Previous

Return to Scooter Riders