anybody know anything about the SR50

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

re: anybody know anything about the SR50

Postby Nightflight47 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:25 pm

I have a half breed scooter, viaggio frame with a vento 50cc motor.. . have a little over 2000 miles on it sofar.. No major problems, except a couple of loose nuts I made the mistake of letting them drive. Ask Smitty, He checks it on a regular basis..and it is garaged. Just stock so far, but that will change sometime, before ride season starts up.
biker chick yelling at me at a stop light: "get a real bike" Yelling back, "100 miles to the gallon, It's mine, and paid for, AND I am not the one riding the b--ch seat!
Nightflight47
Regional Rider

Postby Smitty » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:55 am

hehehe...I'll be hunting the after-market parts for your scoot soon Nightflight' ;^)
Smitty
Master Regional Rider

Postby HondaNC50 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:06 pm

hey what company makes vento engines i checked the vento website and it says the bikes are assembled in laredo texas and the parts are from parts all over the world but it doesnt say what make the engines are they dont have vento listed on 50cc.nl is there any aftermarket parts for it
A Moped Is Just A Moped Unless Its A HONDA
HondaNC50
Net Rider

Postby benny » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:14 am

http://www.provoscooter.com/shop/default.php?cPath=34

Here. All the parts you want. (Same parts as the Yamaha Zuma engine)
From mild to wild. Kick the tire and light the fire.
Is Smitty drooling yet? 70+mph.
benny
Net Rider

Postby benny » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:27 am

Everything you have every wanted for Christmas
(Vento)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
benny
Net Rider

Postby maddog » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:03 am

Yea your right dio, they dont know what a dio engine is, they are only 10 yrs. behind us!
Some people dream about speed! blink and im gone!
maddog
Net Rider

Postby Smitty » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:26 am

I like the "stage two" kit, but I'd like it better with the cast iron cylinder, and two-ring piston.
Watch-out folks, better hope Nightflight doesn't see this, or she'll be having me to install it on her scoot, hehehe ;^)
Smitty
Master Regional Rider

Postby Nightflight47 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:03 am

*G* lots of goodies for the scoot. but as to what it will get. that will depend on the advice and knowlege of Smitty.
biker chick yelling at me at a stop light: "get a real bike" Yelling back, "100 miles to the gallon, It's mine, and paid for, AND I am not the one riding the b--ch seat!
Nightflight47
Regional Rider

Postby Nightflight47 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:34 am

*G* yep a bit more speed for playing in the beach traffic with the turons would come in handy. but.. it is my only transportation to work, so i"m not quite ready to turn it into a raceing scoot. *G* Smitty does have the last word on what goes in the scooter, I do believe in following a good mec's advice..
Nightflight47
Regional Rider

Postby Smitty » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:04 pm

When it's time, I think we can pick the right combo of parts to "lift that scooter's spirits", and it be better than new and last much longer ;^)

...umm, but we may have to sacrafice a couple of miles per gallon though maybe...

But as it runs now, I'd say leave it be for now...it has tremendous speeding ticket potential now, hehehehe!!!
Smitty
Master Regional Rider

Postby 50/50 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:01 am

Ventos are assembled in the U.S. meaning they're not restricted, at least the ones I've seen aren't. 45mph for the Tritons a bit more for the Zip r3i (lighter/smaller).
50/50
Net Rider

Postby maddog » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:57 am

Well the vento was a hot seller over here but now the sym is king, its a direct clone of the honda dio-zx including the trans, i was told that they don't sell them on the mainland but i contacted a shop outside Las Vages a yr. ago that sold them but i lost their website, even the zx headset bolts right up, they can't even keep this scoot in stock cuz its so hot! if you guys can find that shop let me know!
Some people dream about speed! blink and im gone!
maddog
Net Rider

Postby HondaNC50 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:59 pm

i was thinking today wile riding my QT50 in the snow would i be able to get knobbys for the vento for snow and offroad riding or should i get a different scooter cause i just keep myself from riding in the snow or the nice muddy trails

if i cant get knobbys for the vento im thinking about getting this scoot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A Moped Is Just A Moped Unless Its A HONDA
HondaNC50
Net Rider

Postby chris » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:09 pm

hi have any of you ever owned a italjet dragster im not sure if you can buy them there or not they have 50/125/180 cc s engines http://www.italjetdragster.com/ try this site chris
chris
Net Rider

PreviousNext

Return to Scooter Riders