123Bearing.com Info

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

123Bearing.com Info

Postby RidingRick » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Hello: I was searching online for M6 X 12 sealing washers. These are used on the Tomos A55 transmission at the fluid level check screw. I discovered a source in France called 123Bearing.com. They had what I needed (part number RDL-6X12X1-FIBRE) currently priced at 46 cents apiece. I placed an order for 10 washers on Friday, September 29, 2017 and was amazed when the package arrived today, Wednesday, October 4th. That's pretty impressive service. They also have a stateside phone number (646-712-9672). Give them a try. Maybe they have what you need as well.
RidingRick
Net Rider

Re: 123Bearing.com Info

Postby John » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:40 am

Any plumbing supply place could have provided. If that didn't work for you try copper from a auto supply.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Re: 123Bearing.com Info

Postby RidingRick » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Hello: Thank you for the tip about trying the plumbing suppliers. I had gone that route, but not one of them in this area (Flint, MI) had what I needed. Nonetheless, the fiber washers I received from 123Bearing.com are a little thicker with slightly tighter tolerances than the original copper washer. And, so far there's no sign of any seepage. I'll probably go for a ride later tonight 'cause rain is predicted for the next few days.
RidingRick
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders