New 4 stroke 50 moped

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

re: New 4 stroke 50 moped

Postby John » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:39 pm

As stated they are Honda 4 T clones. Lifan maybe or maybe some backyard copy out of China. DRATV has lots of bits you can use on motor to upgrade.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby aaronanalog » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:35 pm

I found them, wrote them, and got a vague response from the company. Ohh and don't forget the high price tag on it too.
1978 Solo Odyssey
1978 Peugeot 103
1996 Crown Victoria
1979 Apache Ramada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6LJNlJCbBs
aaronanalog
Net Rider

Postby Jimbo321 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:08 pm

I did a review on the 2012 SSR Lazer 5 moped a while back. I bought a new one a few months back, and have ridden it all over the place. No problems at all, plenty of power, starts at the touch of a button, or just turn on the key and barely give it a slight push while it's in 1st gear. It purrs like a kitten, and will climb any hill in low gear. I highly recommend these bikes. I bought mine from Franklin, Ky., JC Scooters, and they have a good service dept. They changed the oil while i was there to pick up the bike and checked everything to make sure all was right with the bike. They also have parts available should you need anything for them. The lights are as bright as any motorcycle that i have ever owned, the brakes are fantastic. For a China bike, you would not believe the build quality of these bikes. I know everyone likes to bash these little bikes, but to be honest, these are very good quality machines. Make sure it's the SSR Lazer 5 model, not one that looks like it, such as the "Baron", as there is a huge difference in quality, with the SSR being the better.
Jimbo321
Net Rider

Postby Hodaka Bob » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:38 am

Parts are no problem. And for folks that want a bit more ooph a 70cc top end bolts right on. Not only is it a bigger piston but the head has bigger valves.
Hodaka Bob
County Line Cycles
11860 E. 50 North
Grovertown, IN 46531
574-767-0660
www.countylinecyclesin.com
Hodaka Bob
Net Rider

Postby hmiwb » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:32 pm

I've had a similar one for a year now. Looks the same but has spoke wheels, black exhaust and drum brakes. I've discovered that these have been available in the US since 2009 or so. You don't see very many, but the engines/transmissions are nearly identical to what is on the "pit bikes" that are very popular, so power train parts should be no problem. I plan to convert mine to a manual clutch. I understand that these are extremely popular in Asian countries so the parts are out there and it's a tried and true design.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hmiwb
Net Rider

Re: New 4 stroke 50 moped

Postby darin76 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:28 am

They have the same moped at Power Dirt Bikes

http://www.powerdirtbikes.com/mopeds

darin76
Net Rider

Re: New 4 stroke 50 moped

Postby John » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Don't see it.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Previous

Return to Moped Riders