[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - Lukes Accident 10th December (pics)

Lukes Accident 10th December (pics)

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

re: Lukes Accident 10th December (pics)

Postby RebelMob » Sat May 29, 2010 9:25 pm

Hey Luke - I just read this...

Former BBC newsreader Anna Ford calls for elderly to resit driving tests
Processed on shared equipment that may have come in contact with nuts.
RebelMob
Net Rider

Postby Tramp » Sun May 30, 2010 10:15 am

Thanks for that it really supports my point!

There have been reports for more than a year that the Government intends to introduce extra hurdles for elderly drivers, such as medical assessments, a half-hour written exam or an eye test.

At present, older motorists can renew their licence every three years by signing a form to declare that they do not suffer from any medical condition that would impair their driving.

By the sounds of it the government will be making it compulsary, I only hope its sooner rather than later!
*Luke*
Tramp
Net Rider

Postby DMC » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:33 pm

DMC
Net Rider

Postby Tramp » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:55 am

I was due for my op to start lengthing my leg on monday gone (the 14th) but my surgeon had an accident and is off work until mid august. The hospital managed to get me an appointment with another surgen, so on thursday gone (the17th) I went to see if they could fit me in for an op, The surgeon I saw was one I'd never met before but he seemed nice enough and he explained that I may never get the movement back in my ankle, but tbh I don't care I'd rather have equal length legs and a limp than a short leg and a flexible ankle! Im now due for my leg lengthening op on wednesday the 23rd, which I'm dead chuffed about, I really thought I would be waiting a few months at least,

As well as getting me booked in for the op I managed to get some copys of the inital x-rays when I attended A&E in decmeber ,

here is my thigh bone

And then my lower leg

My knee and lower leg

I'm sorry the last 2 aren't very clear

then I also got some copys of the x-rays after my surgery, you can see the drain from under my skin graft (the squiggley tube) and the staples holding the graft in place

They said at the hospital that my break has healed well, and If i was going to leave my leg short they would be about ready to remove the frame, which is annoying! but I suppose the longer I have the frame on the longer my intial break will have to heal

Cheers
Luke
*Luke*
Tramp
Net Rider

Re: re: Lukes Accident 10th December (pics)

Postby RebelMob » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Well it seems to be going in the right direction. Too bad for your surgeon but luckily you have a rescheduled appointment and will get the lengthening work started.
I am glad you have your spirits up and are mending well.
RebelMob
Net Rider

Postby Ralph C Barger » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:09 pm

Luke, you are lucky to have saved the leg from the looks of those X-Rays.
I think you are living proof of how valuable a good attitude is be it surviving such an accident or encountering any of lifes set backs.
Glad you are hanging in there and going for the surgury.
Hang in there and give those Staffie Bulls a good ear rub courtesy of
this American Staffie Bull fancier.
Believe in the possibility of doing the impossible.
Ralph C Barger
Net Rider

Postby Tramp » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:37 am

thank you, yeah I realise how lucky I am to have kept my leg through all of it I have to be thankful because it would have been so much easier for them to amputate!
They re-orgonised the op for the 23rd so I'm back from my hospital stay, They let me out yesterday. The dogs are very happy for me to be home, they are like maniacs, so excited! Everything went to plan and I seem to be recovering ok, My leg is still very tender and putting weight on it is painful. I relly dislike the foot pins, but hopefully in 2 months or so they can come out,

here are some pictures for you all,

cheers
Luke
*Luke*
Tramp
Net Rider

Postby Ralph C Barger » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:55 am

Amazing what they can do for this sort of injury. I wish you the best on this recovery. I see your Black Staffie Bull girl in the back grounbd. Nicew head piece. My gilr is a dark (black) brindle with white chest. She is known as "The Brick Bat" for her goofy happy manner.
Keep mending and keep us all up to date.
Ralph C Barger
Net Rider

Postby RebelMob » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:16 pm

Good to hear it is going in the right direction! The hardware is a pain and gets in the way time to time but it beats having to rely on prosthetics. Keep healing quickly and keep everyone in the loop!
RebelMob
Net Rider

Postby John » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Positive attitude is more than half the healing process. You have that in spades. Now the question .... do you get to keep the Mecanno set? Cheers!
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby Tramp » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:20 am

Right then I thought it was probably about time I took some photos of my leg, Its just over a month since my surgery and my leg is growing back nicely, at the end of today my leg will be 24mm longer than it was, which is almost half way to my target of 55mm. My leg is looking loads better and Isn’t as fat as it was.

Pain isn’t too bad but I’m still not weight bearing, In fact I’ve not been using my leg at all, I had an infection scare a week or so ago but it turned out to be an irritated pinsite, The pins in my foot are the worst, and they can be painful, my foot gets swollen if I put to the ground so I’m spending a lot of time with it elevated. Another problem with lengthening my leg is I need to keep my leg straight alot of the time or the muscle doesn’t stretch with it and I’m left with a leg I wouldn’t be able to straighten, Sometimes I have to sit with an oven glove over my knee with a tin of soup in each pocket.

It's not so bad and it won't be long until its the correct length, I'm looking forward to having matching legs!

cheers guys

Luke,
*Luke*
Tramp
Net Rider

Postby Ralph C Barger » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:09 am

This sounds like very good news, Luke. Way to go. Keep this up and you
will be back on your feet in no time.
Ralph C Barger
Net Rider

Postby RebelMob » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Hey Luke - glad to hear it is heading in the right direction for you!

Sorry but LOL about physio and the tins of soup. I had to stretch tendons with multiple elastics before and it would end up with spontaneous elastic fights lol That and latex gloves on my feet while showering one time so I would not get them in the water and infected - I looked like I had monkey feet.

Hey you getting a chance to tinker at Evzs Garage?
RebelMob
Net Rider

Postby John » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Great news Luke. Keep stretching it out. Cheers!
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby Tramp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:46 pm

Cheers guys, Everything is looking good at the moment, I'm sure i will be back to normal in next to no time!

I'm looking forward to getting back on my own two feet on legs of equil length, I've missed walking the dogs this year, I used to walk them in the woods, It was always best in autumn but although I'll miss it this year I'll make up for it next!

RebelMob - I've been meaning to get back to you about that manual, I've had a look but can't find the saved file.. The manual is actuly for the Puch ms50, mv50 and the like but I would imagine the engine is the same I've still got the original haynes book so i can scan it for you if you want?
Haha latex gloves on your feet?! I've not had that yet, I may be making some little hammocks for my toes in the future as they are curling as the tendons are stretching,

Evz's garage has been quiet for a while, I managed to squeeze my Suzuki jeep into the garage and sold a few bikes on, Tinkiering wise the only things I have done (since I put my foot frame on) is change the oil in the smart car and wrap coloured electrical tape around my crutchs to make them fashion accessories!

Cheers guys for all your support, Its like were all in it together!

Ta
Luke
*Luke*
Tramp
Net Rider

PreviousNext

Return to Moped Riders