[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - Lukes Accident 10th December (pics)

Lukes Accident 10th December (pics)

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

re: Lukes Accident 10th December (pics)

Postby John » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:28 pm

Nothing but positive thought. Like that.
Reb you need a manual for the pld MS50/MV50 Puchs?
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Re: re: Lukes Accident 10th December (pics)

Postby RebelMob » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Getting around the garage is tough as a multi-pod (crutches and a non-moving leg and a good one is quite a mix). If you are not tinkering and are in the mood for reading I can send along a few tech manuals to entertain you...
I am sure the dogs will understand that they have to miss out this autumns walks in the trees. It is amazing what is taken for granted while we are in good health... but once we are mended we can gain more appreciation for a lot of things we missed while recouperating.

I am thinking of taking on a DS60 project - not sure if the motors are similar or same or not - I have had conflicting information. Just thought I would cross the thought to you as I knew you did have a manual for the 50 engine.

@John - YES - there happens to be a couple of manuals that I do not actually have yet. lol
Processed on shared equipment that may have come in contact with nuts.
RebelMob
Net Rider

Postby Tramp » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:03 am

Right then, Update time!

Last time I posted I had stretched by 2.4cm, Ill do some re-cap pics to show how it has grown, But now I have finished stretching, In all I adjusted my frame 65mm to give my leg the 55mm back I lost, My foot is still in the frame but i have an appointment on the 16th to hopefully have it removed, I'm still walking with x2 crutches at the monent but i'm sure it will be easier to walk once I've had the wires removed from my foot,

this was my leg before my operation, it was 5.5cm shorter than my other leg,

this was when they broke my leg to start stretching it, (in june)

this was in july when I had started to stretch by 2.4cm

and then this is in august I had stretched it 4.7cm

And finally this is the day I did my last stretch

so thats it really, I've had the frame on for around 9months now, so i should be about half way through my frame time, the consultant said it would take 2months of healing for every cm stretched so it should be another 10months before im frameless, but in fairness it will all be down hill now, Also I've been into work and they may be able to find me a position where I'm on my bum most of the day but i need to be able to walk down stairs without crutches first,

cheers
Luke
*Luke*
Tramp
Net Rider

Postby Ralph C Barger » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Way to go, Luke!!!!! You are one tough young man.
Believe in the possibility of doing the impossible.
Ralph C Barger
Net Rider

Postby RebelMob » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Good to hear that your progressing and things are going in the right direction still. I hope they can find some 'bum sitting' tasks for you at work so you can start to get back to a work schedule. Anytime I was stuck having to be at home it would quickly drive me nutz... not that I do not love being home, just I do not like the feeling of being limited to being at home.
Keep on heading in the right direction! We are all pulling for you!
RebelMob
Net Rider

Postby Tramp » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Another update, They are coming thick and fast at the moment!

Today I went to see my consultant, he said I was doing great and my bone was healing (see the x ray) and that my foot frame could come off, I was chuffed to bits that the foot frame could come off as i can only decribe it as a torture device, the pinsites on my feet were always sore and now i'm looking forward to getting back on my own two feet,

here is my feet without the frame

and my frame, they asked me if i wanted to keep it, I couldn't turn it down

and here are the wires from my foot, the olive wires hurt the most when they came out, the one ordinary wire was strange it slide side to side in my foot and It didn't hurt at all

and my leg now, They said I have to wear the bandage for a few days

and finally my x-ray sorry its so small but you can see the gap between the bone and the faint line is the new bone growing if you zoom in you can see the grain of the new bone,

I hope you are all still finding this thread interesting, Even though it is getting abit long in the tooth

Luke
*Luke*
Tramp
Net Rider

Postby Ralph C Barger » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:27 pm

Fantastic, Luke. What can be done medically today is amazing. Before long
you will be up and walking as good as new. Keep on keeping us posted.
We are in your corner.
Ralph C Barger
Net Rider

Postby John » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Woohoo, another step closer. Hang in there Luke.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby RebelMob » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Excellent having the pins out of the foot. I am sure the consultant mentioned that it is good to have a sore foot as it proves the nerves are not damaged... sort of makes you want to give the consultant a whack as a little reminder that their nerves are still working... lol
The thread is not getting long in the tooth - we are glad to hear that your leg is getting better and that you are okay.
RebelMob
Net Rider

Postby Ralph C Barger » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:24 pm

Please keep the post coming, Luke.
Ralph C Barger
Net Rider

Postby Tramp » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:10 am

Right then...I think its about time for an update, to start with my leg is looking better and more leg like......

I've been in to see my consultant today, we got some more x-rays and everything is on track to have my frame removed in march time, Whilst I was there we were talking about pinsites and I was saying about how the pin that goes through my calf muscle is always leaky, and he said "well you don't need it now we can take it out" so I had a pin taken out today. The nurse let me pull it out myself, it was an olive wire so I was excpecting it to hurt, but because it was me pulling it out, it just felt strange. It was abit like when you cut your nails and then touch something and the skin is sensitive, bizarre really

Here are the x-rays you can see the lines where the bone broke but the grain show the new bone is growing well, I need to wait for it to 'consolidate' some more before my frame can come off.

As for myself things are getting better I'm getting about the house with out crutches and can mange longer distances with one. I've just passed the 1 year anniversary of the accident (on the 10th) and of having my frame on (the 14th) It's strange to think it has been on for so long as it doesn't feel like a year has passed
*Luke*
Tramp
Net Rider

Postby Ralph C Barger » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:16 am

Congratulations, Luke. You are making great progress!!! Keep us
posted and have a very merry Christmass and a sucessful new year.
Ralph
Ralph C Barger
Net Rider

Postby RebelMob » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Glad it is all going in the right direction still. Hope you have been able to do more tinkering in the garage and mucking about with mechanically bits.
RebelMob
Net Rider

Postby John » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:16 pm

He has lots of mechanical bits there Reb to tinker with! Sends shivers up my spine every time I see his leg. Anyway Luke keep the good fight going, you are healing nicely. Cheers!
John

John
Master Regional Rider

Postby codyology » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:49 am

is it just me but i think the way you have leg fixture layed out there, it looks like a seat frame. it would be cool to put on a cafe seat seat as a border. glad to see your progress is going good. always a great read.
codyology
Net Rider

PreviousNext

Return to Moped Riders