so where is the best place for parts?

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

re: so where is the best place for parts?

Postby JD » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:36 am

It's very simple to move the jet from the old carb to the new one. All you need is a screwdriver.

I still think your best bet, however, is to find out where the old carb is leaking and address that problem. You probably didn't need a new carb to begin with.

Make sure you close the fuel petcock when you park the bike, too.

jd
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby John » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Turn the petcock off when you leave the bike for any period of time.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby John » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:06 am

WOW! Good one Don, had to go back and have a look.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby schwinnguy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:34 am

LOL I forgot all about this post. I was testing the waters to see if anyone knew who I was. I wanted to still be a member here. I really did miss you guys and I hope we can all make amends.
2000 tomos targa lx,
donp
schwinnguy
Net Rider

Postby schwinnguy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:55 am

I still have my 2000 lx. but it is in really bad shape these days. it had been knocked over so many times in my shop that pretty much every piece of plastic is cracked, or broken. all the brake cables and drums have frozen up on it. and I think my son ran it on straight gas cuz the engine is locked up. it's a shame, it only has maybe 400 miles on it. over the weekend I had knocked it over while trying to back my big international harvester tractor into my garage and I hit the lx with the plow while trying to make the turn. I picked the bike up and just sat there looking at it for the longest time, thinking about how much I used to love it, and how much I missed all the guys on here I used to be friends with. been thinking about things ever since then. and last night I looked up the mra just to see who was still around. anyway, I'm gonna put my lx up for sale this spring after I rebuild it. haven't ridden it since 2005 and probably never will again. my son doesn't want it. so why keep it?
2000 tomos targa lx,
donp
schwinnguy
Net Rider

Previous

Return to Moped Riders