What to do with this NU50

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

What to do with this NU50

Postby jerico1 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:42 am

Hello everyone. This Urban Express that a friend gave me is of question. That being should I restore it or part it out. I would appreciate some owners input on this.

Thank You.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jerico1
Net Rider

re: What to do with this NU50

Postby mopedlar » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:51 am

Cosmetically, it looks nice, but mechanically, more information is needed. Does the motor turn over or is it stuck? Does it have spark? Compression? All these factors should be considered when pondering whether to restore a bike or part it out.
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Postby John » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:15 pm

As Larry has said it is clean, hope the rest is as good as it looks. Leave it stock.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Re: re: What to do with this NU50

Postby jerico1 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:29 pm

John wrote:As Larry has said it is clean, hope the rest is as good as it looks. Leave it stock.

The bike does run, and if I do the number on it, it will be "stock." What it does need as you can see, is a rear fender and the bracket for it. Plus Plus Plus. Get the picture?

If I decide to go the route of restoring it, I will need some help getting this thing back to normal. And I guess that's why I sign on to this site.

Thanks again for your input.
jerico1
Net Rider

Postby supercub » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:24 pm

You could go through the bike in one weekend and make it reliable if it is running. Parts are avilable at the Honda shop. Honda's are pretty well made bikes, it will outlast most other mopeds of the era. If you like the looks of the bike you will be inclined to do the work.
supercub
Regional Rider

Re: re: What to do with this NU50

Postby jerico1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:06 pm

supercub wrote:You could go through the bike in one weekend and make it reliable if it is running. Parts are avilable at the Honda shop. Honda's are pretty well made bikes, it will outlast most other mopeds of the era. If you like the looks of the bike you will be inclined to do the work.

Last year I restored a trail 90 and was please at the results. So I will be taking this project on also because I do like the looks of the bike, and yes that does make a difference. And also it's a Honda.
jerico1
Net Rider

Postby yellowbeard » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:38 pm

keep it,ride it, enjoy it. Don't part it out. They don't make them anymore.
yellowbeard
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders