SSR Lazer sport moped

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

re: SSR Lazer sport moped

Postby Jimbo321 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Well, another beautiful day here, so another ride on the Lazers. We rode around 30 miles, all winding, hills, all back roads. We had to switch to low twice for EXTREMELY steep hills, but they climbed them well. Again, no complaints on either bike. When we got back, i checked to see how much fuel it had drank during our outing. It took exactly 3/4 quart to fill it back up, so you can do the math. It holds 3/4 gallon. So, it tells me that you can take a very long ride and not have to worry about running out of fuel. I took an empty plastic oil container, cleaned it out and filled it with gasoline. I keep this in my saddle bag, just in case, but i doubt i'll ever need to use it. We normally cruise around 25mph, just enjoying seeing some of the backroads that we've never been on. What a great way to explore, huh?
Jimbo321
Net Rider

Postby Jimbo321 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Well, nothing new to add so far, just about a dozen short trips (3-4 miles), to the post office and back, etc. Still working perfectly. Any new "longer" trips will be posted.
Jimbo321
Net Rider

Postby Jimbo321 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Well, as the saying goes, no news is good news. A few dozen "short" rides on the Lazer, and all is well. I did set the idle down just a tad, but other than that, it runs fantastic. I have it set to around 1,300 rpm at idle now, is that about right for a moped? I have no idea, never had a moped before this one. Any and all information is appreciated.
Jimbo321
Net Rider

Postby Jimbo321 » Fri May 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Another 35 mile ride today, Lazers ran great, no problems. Sorry for another boring post, but i guess that's good news.
Jimbo321
Net Rider

Re: SSR Lazer sport moped

Postby reneeski » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:08 am

I have a 2014 laser 5 i cant find anywhere to get it serviced.im in Burbank Ca.
reneeski
Net Rider

Re: SSR Lazer sport moped

Postby tortoise » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:46 am

reneeski wrote:I have a 2014 laser 5 i cant find anywhere to get it serviced.im in Burbank Ca.

Have you tried "Find A Dealer" on the SSR website? Another resource.
tortoise
Net Rider

Previous

Return to Moped Riders