Can somebody please help me :(

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Can somebody please help me :(

Postby edwardportlock » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:56 am

so i recently invested in a 50cc bike. it was bought by a friend of mine from barcelona in 1999. The bike is a 1999 Derbi GPR 50R. Unlike the relatively common GPR 50, i am told this bike is very rare. First of all i wondered if anyone knew if the parts were the same for a normal GPR50 and a GPR50R (the 1999 models). Second of all i wondered if anybody could help me find fairly cheap parts for it. i am in need of a sports exhaust and some reeds but im relatively hopeless at using the internet. I am not wanting to spend too much either. Any help will be greatly appretiated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Net Rider

re: Can somebody please help me :(

Postby John » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:28 am

That is a little screamer, but unfortunately this being a North American site we were not privileged to get such a great bike. I believe that the
Derbi and the equivalent Aprilia used some of the same parts. Maybe check with a Piaggio dealer in the UK.

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
Master Regional Rider

re: Can somebody please help me :(

Postby mopedmaynard » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:24 am

Hey, you can use the GPR 50 pipes on this. Hope that helps.
I love mopeds... uh... Yeah, thats about it.
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders