Greetings from another new member

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Greetings from another new member

Postby JeffWebb » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Hello, I'm Jeff from Huntington, New York. I'm an old biker (60 years old) but I haven't been on a Harley since my first wife convinced me to get rid of it years ago. Now, due to the economy and parking, I am the proud owner of a 1998 Puch Manet Korado that gets me around quite nicely. It goes a bit too fast for its Class C registration (I've had it up to over 40mph on straight-ways) , but I don't plan on driving it that recklessly on NY suburb streets (this was just to test it out). NY law doesn't require riders to wear a helmet, but I do anyway ( I can't afford to lose any more little grey cells) ;)
I'll be checking in once in a while to get and give advice. I plan on using this moped for most of my getting around my own village and as I'm in NYC a lot, I plan on keeping it in the back of my van, and parking downtown in one of the cheaper all day lots and getting around manhattan on two wheels. This is a far more practical and fun way of getting around. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"There is no expediant to which man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking" -Sir Joshua Reynolds
JeffWebb
Net Rider

re: Greetings from another new member

Postby JD » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Welcome, Jeff!

Your age does not make you a statistical outlier on this forum. A lot of us are more "seasoned" than the average mopedster, and we just like to ride in the slow lane. One of biggest benefits of slow riding is that you haven't gotten too far from home when you realize that you can't remember where you were going. LOL!

jd
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Return to Moped Riders