QT50L carburetor

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

QT50L carburetor

Postby FRANKIE60 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:39 pm

I have a 1984 QT50L that had the carb changed out to some type of Italian carb. Can I use a carb from a QT50 on it. The intake manifold was also modified to fit the Italian carb. Where would be the best place to find these items. This was my father inlaws moped and has changed hands a couple times. Would like to restore to run properly
Live long and prosper
FRANKIE60
Net Rider

re: QT50L carburetor

Postby John » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:23 am

E-bay, Moped Army buy and sell.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby FRANKIE60 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Thanks John. I found several on Ebay but am not sure if they will interchange between QT50L and QT50. Any advise out there?
Live long and prosper
FRANKIE60
Net Rider

Postby John » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:42 am

All in the stud spacing and if oil injection is required. If you know the model/make of your OEM carb then there is probably Chinese clones you can do pretty cheap off of E-bay etc. Check and see if you can find original specs for that bikes carb. Good chance it is a Mikuni or Keihen.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby FRANKIE60 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Thanks John, Iv'e been on vacation and had surgery so just back to my project. I ordered one on ebay and looking for an intake manifold. Hope it comes soon before winter hits.
Live long and prosper
FRANKIE60
Net Rider

Postby John » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:51 am

Most of these older Japanese 2 strokes used similar carbs. Spacing on the manifold bolts are likely the same so if you have a chance measure the spacing on a early Honda scoot etc. Maybe a part source for you. as stated earlier check with the Moped Army buy and sell.
John

John
Master Regional Rider

Return to Moped Riders