General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Postby hmiwb » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:53 pm

Hello, new member from Missouri. Gas prices caused me to take another look at two wheeled transportation for my short trip/around town riding. I've had a few motorcycles and even a scooter in my life and those experiences led me to prefer the moped style of transportation. The ride quality and handling of those larger diameter wheels make all the difference to me. Highway trips will still be 4 wheeled events for now. After a lot of price shopping and checking around I wound up buying a Bashan BS48Q-2 which has a 49cc Honda horizontal clone engine with 4 speeds and an automatic clutch and has 17inch wheels. It arrived in a crate, some assembly required and lots of adjustments to be made but after changing the shipping oil out and charging the battery, it fired right up. Very impressed so far although the auto clutch will take some getting used to. Anyone have any experience with this noped?
hmiwb
Net Rider

re: New Member

Postby JD » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:39 am

Welcome to the Moped Riders Association, and congratulations on your new purchase!

I've never seen one of those bikes, probably because the model would be classified as a "motorcycle" instead of a "moped" in my state due to the manual transmission.

There are very few new bikes with the moped/noped configuration being sold in this country anymore . Most everyone wants a scooter layout, even when they're only buying 49cc of displacement.

Keep us updated on your experience with this Bashan.

jd
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby hmiwb » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 am

Here's a picture. I had to look quite awhile to find and then decide what I wanted. This seems to have the best of both worlds while still hopefully falling under the classification of moped in my state. It might be in a gray area with the gears, but in my small town I probably won't get much static about it. Time will tell. I got it from Superiorpowersports.com and while they got it to me in good condition, I'm probably on my own for repairs and maintenance. I've wrenched on quite a few bikes over the years so I'm not too worried about that. Ride careful out there!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hmiwb
Net Rider

Postby jimbodaddy74 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:45 pm

BEEN OUT SINCE 2009
jimbodaddy74
Net Rider

Re: re: New Member

Postby corn » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:46 pm

jimbodaddy74 wrote:BEEN OUT SINCE 2009

Thanks Jerry!
corn
Net Rider

Postby kz1000st » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:30 pm

My evaluation of the bike and comments on another site.

http://www.motor-scooters-guide.com/bas ... moped.html
kz1000st
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders