Bashan BS48Q-2

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Bashan BS48Q-2

Postby hmiwb » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Moped, Noped, Goped? I don't know for sure, but I liked the looks of it so I bought it. I figured with the 49cc Honda horizontal clone engine which is used on so many trail and mini bikes that parts and even complete engines shouldn't be a problem. Also I figured that reliability should be good with this tried and tested powerplant. So I paid $567.00 for it and a couple hundred for freight and it was delivered in a big box. I spent a couple of hours putting it together and charging the battery then pushed the button and it fired right up! Love the ride and handling with the 17 inch wheels and while the auto clutch takes some getting used to, it does do the job. Everything from brakes to clutch to throttle to chain need adjustment so take your time. Best to dump that shipping oil too before you start it. Time will tell how well it holds up but I'll keep giving feedback if you're interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hmiwb
Net Rider

re: Bashan BS48Q-2

Postby erie guy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:33 am

Those are the type of mopeds that are prevalent in the indo-china countries. Usually, there are pic's of them carrying a family of six, along with goats and chickens. If they can stand-up to all that abuse, as well as the wet climate over there, then it would be interesting to hear about yours, after you go through the original set of tires. Good luck with it.
Greg

After making a decison, have no regrets.
erie guy
Net Rider

Postby kz1000st » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:26 pm

I have had one of these for three years now and it's been fantastic.

It has been Honda-reliable for me and isn't like any other Chinese bike I've been around. So far in three years I've replaced one screw, one tail light bulb and the original Chinese battery last month. I bought it in 2009 and on a level stretch it will touch 50 mph (indicated) and will cruise at 40 easily. The steepest hills can be done at 20 mph in second gear, average hills in third at 30
kz1000st
Net Rider

Postby jimbodaddy74 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Been out since 2009
jimbodaddy74
Net Rider

Postby kz1000st » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:49 pm

I saw these in an online sellers ad. We bought two. I sold the other for what i paid for it. It wasn't being used. It was trouble free too. To say I've been amazed would be an understatement.
kz1000st
Net Rider

Postby hmiwb » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:17 pm

Mine's still running fine. I'm having trouble adjusting to the semi-auto trans and keep wishing for a manual. My previous motorcycle experience showing through I suppose. I'm considering a swap to increase the cc and convert to manual clutch. Pretty inexpensive to do from what I've seen and I think I'd like this ped even more then.
hmiwb
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders