whats your take on 77 jawa with 210 motor

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

whats your take on 77 jawa with 210 motor

Postby roornwomps25 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:12 am

i can get this bike really cheap but nt sure the condition of the motor, but its all there. doesnt have a rear wheel. ive looked at parts crossover and the wiki on the army. i just want some advice from ppl who have dealt with them first hand. good or bad., more extensive parts crossover, common parts?????? i was gunna make it a winter project and hack and weld puch motor mounts and do an e50 project? all insight and advice is helpful and appreciated. thanks guys/girls!
~RVA Rebel Rouser~
roornwomps25
Net Rider

Re: whats your take on 77 jawa with 210 motor

Postby m6onz5a » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:11 pm

roornwomps25 wrote:i can get this bike really cheap but nt sure the condition of the motor, but its all there. doesnt have a rear wheel. ive looked at parts crossover and the wiki on the army. i just want some advice from ppl who have dealt with them first hand. good or bad., more extensive parts crossover, common parts?????? i was gunna make it a winter project and hack and weld puch motor mounts and do an e50 project? all insight and advice is helpful and appreciated. thanks guys/girls!

as long as it has points and not the thyristor you should be fine. The thyristor is impossible to get unless you make one. Someone on MA did. . I used to own an early 80's 210. I loved it. It's been several years but Steves Mopeds in Jersey had parts.
199? Puch Korado
1978 JCPenny Swinger
1978 Motobecane 50v (yellow)
1978 Motobecane 50v (orange)
1978 Puch Maxi ZA50
m6onz5a
Net Rider

re: whats your take on 77 jawa with 210 motor

Postby John » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:14 am

Think I read years ago about Mopedlar also doing a carb change out to a delLorto. Maybe he will chime in.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Re: re: whats your take on 77 jawa with 210 motor

Postby m6onz5a » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:44 pm

John wrote:Think I read years ago about Mopedlar also doing a carb change out to a delLorto. Maybe he will chime in.

didn't he use an intake off a minarelli motor or something?
199? Puch Korado
1978 JCPenny Swinger
1978 Motobecane 50v (yellow)
1978 Motobecane 50v (orange)
1978 Puch Maxi ZA50
m6onz5a
Net Rider

Postby John » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:15 am

You probably found this site but lots of good stuff to bookmark..
www.jawamoped.com
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby mopedlar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:42 am

I think I used a Franco Morini intake, but that was years ago and my rapidly fading memory may be wrong. It definitely wasn't a Minarelli intake.
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Postby mrw8 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:16 pm

I know it's an old post but someone might be looking for a similar answer...

I'm working on a 1976 Jawa 207 or maybe a 28 series. It had no ignition components and originally had a tranzimo. THe only new parts are from Hungary. Ebay has them...eastern2stroke is the dealer. good cheap parts, even upgraded clutch pads, quick delivery...I have no complaints. And the Jawamoped.com site has all the info I needed but it took some work to find exactly what I wanted. There are about 7 different schematics. You need to identify exactly what moped you have. Points? I don't know if this 210 had points. Probably a thyristor/coil. if it doesn't spark then get a new combo coil/thyrsitor unit. You can build one from radio shack parts but know that the unit is available from Hungary for about $25. I do not think anyone in the US has these parts as I looked and called and was laughed at. I did get piston rings from the moped shop treatlandtv? But it's a standard size piston. the rear wheel is sort of advanced. I think 17'' but it has chain tightening tabs. And this bike had no kill switch. so I have to wire one up.

But any 37 year old moped is going to be in rough shape if it has no rear wheel or no ignition components. So the fact it's a Jawa makes it a sort of rare rough moped. It'll be worth exactly what money you put into it. I am a personal fan of Italian mopeds, vespa and motto guzzi so a Czech moped is getting a little low class for me. I can already tell that the handling and balance is very rough. It's an interesting project but no way is it profitable.
mrw8
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders