Tomos trike

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Tomos trike

Postby amazing4 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:11 am

Newbie here.. I'm thinking of buying this. It's all there but needs the top end put back together. What's it worth? Are these trikes common? It's in decent shape and I just like the weirdness of it. Also, are parts easy to find? What model motor is in it? Thanks. I need to know what to offer the guy. He's asking $500 but there's NO way. Any advice?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amazing4
Net Rider

re: Tomos trike

Postby amazing4 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Anyone? Hello?
amazing4
Net Rider

Postby John » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:25 am

Older A3 Tomos motor, parts available from Mopedjunkyard, Treats in California etc. Check Moped Army buy and sell for parts also. Not as rare as you might think as they pop up quite often. Has it been registered before and has its paperwork? Running trike would command $500, missing parts dictate a lesser offer. How much do you really want it?
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby amazing4 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:46 am

Thanks John. He wants $500 in it's current state. No way. I offered 3 and he came down to 4 and that's it. No papers, but I don't think I'd ever get pulled over on something with pedals and a canopy. I just like the weirdness of it. Just not $400 worth of weirdness.
amazing4
Net Rider

Postby John » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Not worth 4 when not a runner. Canopy was a personal homemade add on! I have an dealers manual around here somewhere from Pryor. Where now that is a good question. :>))
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby roornwomps25 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:08 am

yeah thats the old a3 motor. one of the first motors tomos put out to america. not a fast motor but they came in 3 models a 20mph, 25mph, and a 30mph. a3's are good after you swap the crank out and run any a35 cylinder kit on them or puch polini if you want! the positive side... asbestos clutches (rip hard and last foreverrr) and the internal gearing is smaller than the a35 and a55. that makes a significant difference! is the crank seized? i wouldnt pay more than 350 for the condition its in. but youll find parts through mopedarmy cheap, and/or treats or 1977 mopeds cheaper than you will any other place!
~RVA Rebel Rouser~
roornwomps25
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders