Aaron@Tomos's New ST

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Aaron@Tomos's New ST

Postby AaronatTomosUSA » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:21 am

I now have one because it is very cool! I am feeling very accomplished because I put it together myself. Of course, any thirteen year old with a set of wrenches could assemble one of these things, but why rain on my parade?.....(If you will notice, I put a 600hp Ferrari engine under the seat. Now this snazzy little ped goes 0-100 in .6 seconds and has a top speed of over 325 mph.) Noooooo......that's not true.....but I love it and had fun all weekend buzzing around. I feel like a big kid!! My wife just looks at me and shakes her head as I take off down the driveway going nowhere in particular. Who would have thought that a new professional position would come with a great hobby too? And racers beware...none of you will be able to keep up with me once I get this Ferrari engine thing figured out!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aaron Cohen
Tomos USA
866-291-0775
AaronatTomosUSA
Net Rider

re: Aaron@Tomos's New ST

Postby mopedlar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:51 am

Of all the moped models that Tomos makes, the ST is my favorite. I just love that old school step-thru design. Happy motoring!
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Postby JD » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:04 am

Aaron, now you just need a right-hand mirror. You can probably get a discount since you have an "in" with the company. :-)

jd
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby AaronatTomosUSA » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:38 am

I will have this thing going so fast, I won't need mirrors at all....just a siren so people know I'm coming! Just kidding. Thanks for the suggestion JD!
Aaron Cohen
Tomos USA
866-291-0775
AaronatTomosUSA
Net Rider

Postby John » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 am

Put a kit on the B....!
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby JD » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Give the dude a break, John! He's new with the company. It probably wouldn't make a tremendously positive statement about the product if the first thing he does with his new bike is to start modifying it away from stock.

Give him some time. A week or two ought to do it. And then he can get some first-hand experience with the clutch linings and the automatic chain-oiling system.

Just kiddin', Aaron. BTW, I found a couple of operating Howard Johnson's restaurants still operating in Lake Placid, NY and Bangor, ME. I think they both froze in place. Would make a swell moped ride from South Carolina!

jd
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby mountainmoped » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:08 pm

He got a nice blue one. Much better than the purple STs from a few years ago. I recently got a Sprint trade-in that had been painted hot pink by the original owner. Tab would have liked it. I believe the Teal STs were the nicest looking of all the STs.
Bryan
mountainmoped
Master Regional Rider

Postby John » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Just worried he might get run over!!!! Bryan, teal was a nice shade you had.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby mountainmoped » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:43 pm

The newer STs have a larger, better padded seat than the old ones. The old seats would feel like a wedgie after about 50 miles.
Bryan
mountainmoped
Master Regional Rider

Postby AaronatTomosUSA » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:20 am

JD, I don't use the chain oiling system....my wife runs along beside me and squirts olive oil on it every 1/4 mile or so.....she's a really fast runner.
Aaron Cohen
Tomos USA
866-291-0775
AaronatTomosUSA
Net Rider

Re: re: Aaron@Tomos's New ST

Postby moebobbie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:43 pm

mountainmoped wrote: I recently got a Sprint trade-in that had been painted hot pink by the original owner. Tab would have liked it.

HOT PINK????? Really Bryan????? I'm drooling just thinking about it....was it done nice???

Moe
Owner of a 2012 Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec, a nice little 1995 Tomos Targa TTLX (Baba Looey) and now a very pretty 2008 Tomos LX (Bunny)
moebobbie
Regional Rider

Re: re: Aaron@Tomos's New ST

Postby Hodaka Bob » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:38 am

moebobbie wrote:
mountainmoped wrote: I recently got a Sprint trade-in that had been painted hot pink by the original owner. Tab would have liked it.

HOT PINK????? Really Bryan????? I'm drooling just thinking about it....was it done nice???

Moe

Thanks. You just gave me a flash back of the old Puch Newport. (it was almost pink)
Hodaka Bob
County Line Cycles Grovertown, IN
County Line Cycles
11860 E. 50 North
Grovertown, IN 46531
574-767-0660
www.countylinecyclesin.com
Hodaka Bob
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders