Honda PC50 OHV and OHC

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Honda PC50 OHV and OHC

Postby mike73 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:21 am

Hi all- Newbie posting here! Great to find this forum As I am restoring a PC50- the older OHC type that was made up to the early 70s. The frame on this is pretty well shot so I would like to replace. Does anyone know if the frame used on the PC50K1 (OHV) was the same? I suspect it was but can't check as I don't have part numbers.
Incidentally if anyone has a honda shop manual in downloadable form for either/both these two bikes that would be great and much appreciated. I have the Haynes but that doesn't cover the OHC version.

Cheers

All

After the Honda its on with the NSU!
When you have eliminated the impossible- hit whatever is left with a hammer
mike73
Net Rider

re: Honda PC50 OHV and OHC

Postby JD » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:31 am

See if the Honda P50 Shop Manual in the Moped Repair section of this website gets you started. It has a print date of 1967 and covers the OHC engine.
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

re: Honda PC50 OHV and OHC

Postby mike73 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:31 pm

Yep thanks for that I have the manual aleady- in fact I have a P50 as well! - The P50 was the flying wheel whereas the PC50 had it mounted under the tube frame. Having said that I think the PC50 engine was clearly derived from the PC50 but I'm not sure how extensive the similarities are.. I would guess transmission and final drive must be pretty different??

Cheers
Mike
When you have eliminated the impossible- hit whatever is left with a hammer
mike73
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders