Kinetic TFR parts. Do they exist?

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Kinetic TFR parts. Do they exist?

Postby piperpilot28 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Hello all!
I recently purchased a 2005 Kinetic TFR for $500 off of craigslist for basic transportation and overall fun. After doing so I started looking for parts online and recently discovered that there are no parts available for this model, which I find interesting being that this moped has been in production since 1972. Does anybody here know of any distributors or websites that sell replacement parts? Also I've heard that the engine is a clone of a vespa engine. Is this true?
piperpilot28
Net Rider

re: Kinetic TFR parts. Do they exist?

Postby John » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:48 am

It is a clone but with some variations. Your best bet would be to find another decent TFR for future spares. Have you tried Moped Army buy and sell?
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

re: Kinetic TFR parts. Do they exist?

Postby DuaneA1965 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:51 pm

I just bought a used 2002 Kinetic Moped 1 month ago. Its needs some adjustments to the throttle cable and brake cables. It also need some minor engine adjustments. I contacted an Online MOPED SHOP and the repair person told me that you can use VESPA CIAO moped parts for Kinetic Moped and they are interchangeable. Kinetic & Vespa CIAO mopeds use the same Vespa moped 49cc engins and parts. This is what I was told.

I am trying to get a Haynes Workshop Manual or any other Workshop manuals for my 2002 Kinetic Moped. If I find one, I will contact you.

Thanks for your time.

DuaneA1965
DuaneA1965
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders