Moped rider-to-be (again)

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Re: re: Moped rider-to-be (again)

Postby AlienBZ » Sun May 19, 2013 11:39 am

mopedlar wrote:As the young folks say....."pics or it didn't happen".

Oh, now I get it - you know, dad once told me, "pictures are evidence." And people used to tell me my dad was a very smart man.

So, what exactly do you guys want a picture of - me seated on the moped, or what?
AlienBZ
Net Rider

re: Moped rider-to-be (again)

Postby JD » Sun May 19, 2013 11:58 am

This is a very helpful group of folks if you need help with a moped-related issue.

For interpersonal relationship issues, not so much.

It would be more productive if you excluded all the family drama and just let us know how we can help you with your moped.

jd
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby AlienBZ » Sun May 19, 2013 12:15 pm

JD wrote:This is a very helpful group of folks if you need help with a moped-related issue.

For interpersonal relationship issues, not so much.

It would be more productive if you excluded all the family drama and just let us know how we can help you with your moped.

jd

That family drama I mentioned in that previous post is currently ended, finished now, (and has been put to an end ever since we put that other person out of our lives some time ago) and as of late, our home, family has now been restored to its calm and peaceful, relaxed, pleasant atmosphere, and so currently now it's just the moped related issue, no longer any family drama.

I just felt that I had to give some back story about what happened to the moped regarding its having to be fixed, hence my previous post.
AlienBZ
Net Rider

Postby AlienBZ » Wed May 22, 2013 9:41 am

@John - will try to provide a picture as soon as nephew reassembles moped and brings it back.
AlienBZ
Net Rider

Postby AlienBZ » Mon May 27, 2013 8:53 am

<update> news flash in my life

During conversation with a close friend the other day I realized that I have a lot of bad memories that are attached (I was unaware of this until friend informed me) to that old moped (due to that family drama) so I wrote a couple of nice letters to mom explaining how I felt about that old moped, and that it was b/c of these bad memories I thought we should look for a new moped and trade that old moped in towards this new moped, possibly of a different color/model, and yesterday morning mom replied that we're aren't going to do anything until I get my license.

I agreed with mom on this.

So far, as with penn dot, it's been 10 working days already since the approx date (may 10) that the documents that we sent penn dot arrived at hq in Harrisburg, so hopefully sometime this week I'll either be getting my renewed license or a camera card to take to triple a to have them make up a license from the camera card.

What do you guys think of these developments so far?
AlienBZ
Net Rider

Postby JD » Mon May 27, 2013 3:32 pm

I think you should look for a forum that can provide psychological counseling, not moped advice. I already suggested that you try to stay on topic. Any more posts of this sort will be deleted out of respect for the time of the other members.
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby AlienBZ » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:33 am

<update>

Received phone call from PennDot (Harrisburg) yesterday, they told us to send in my current PA ID card for cancellation so they can exchange it for a renewed driver's license.

Also got letter in the snail mail yesterday that sort of explained the same thing the person from PennDot (Harrisburg) told us over phone yesterday.

So I put my current ID card (along with polite handwritten letter) in the snail mail to PennDot about an hour ago.

Now we're waiting for a phone call from the local Driver's license processing ctr (we stopped over there this past Sat, they were positive about this :D )
AlienBZ
Net Rider

Postby AlienBZ » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:46 am

Edit - during the drive to the local driver license processing ctr this past Sat, when I brought up buying new moped/selling old moped, nephew suggested to me, "how about a scooter?"

I reconsidered, thinking I was too short (4 feet, 11 inches tall) for a scooter, but then again, I never tried sitting on one for size/test driving one for size, then I told him, "sure, I'd take a scooter. Shall we go looking for one?"

During the middle/end of this past month I was searching online on my ipad for new (not used) moped dealers/Yamahopper moped dealers in the Pittsburgh area - couldn't find any.

So yes, I would consider a scooter (since I believe that's what's out there now) but I don't know if I'm too short or what?

What do you guys say about all of this?
AlienBZ
Net Rider

Postby AlienBZ » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Now I have a question:

Now that I snail mailed in my current ID card to PennDot in Harrisburg earlier today, snail mail gets picked up at 2 PM, can any of you guys please tell me how long it'll take until I get my renewed driver's license in the snail mail?
AlienBZ
Net Rider

Postby John » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:32 pm

Call Penn DOT......
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby JD » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:25 pm

AlienBZ wrote:So yes, I would consider a scooter (since I believe that's what's out there now) but I don't know if I'm too short or what?

How would WE know if you're too short? Just try one for size.

Go to Mosites Motorsports at 12671 Route 30 North Huntingdon PA 15642, Phone: 724-864-2800 Fax: 724-863-3612. Try a Honda Metropolitan, a Genuine Buddy 50, an Aprilia SR Motard 50, or a Piaggio Fly 50 or Typhoon 50.
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby John » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:07 pm

what does a short Alien look like? Have to use some imagination I guess.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby AlienBZ » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:54 pm

John wrote:what does a short Alien look like? Have to use some imagination I guess.....

More like the green one (bottom photo) but with clothes on, of course! And a normal-sized head that's in proportion to the body. Can an alien of this size (scaled to 4 foot, 11 inches tall) ride one of these scooter models suggested by JD that are for sale at this Route 30 dealership safely, easily, comfortably?
AlienBZ
Net Rider

Postby John » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:15 pm

yes but you may need elevated soles on your boots. Low seat height scoots are a Yamaha Vino, and the Genuine (PGO) Buddy's. You really need to throw a leg over the saddle and see how they feel.

Try this site and simulate your size to various bikes.
http://cycle-ergo.com/
John

John
Master Regional Rider

Postby AlienBZ » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:21 pm

John wrote:yes but you may need elevated soles on your boots. Low seat height scoots are a Yamaha Vino, and the Genuine (PGO) Buddy's. You really need to throw a leg over the saddle and see how they feel.

Try this site and simulate your size to various bikes.
http://cycle-ergo.com/

Thank you very much, John! :D :D I never knew this site even existed!

Ok, I went there, selected a 2010 Yamaha Vino, sized myself both sitting/riding the bike, and then on bike with feet on ground.

Do you think I need elevated shoes with this bike (I don't think so)?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AlienBZ
Net Rider

PreviousNext

Return to Moped Riders