Jawa 210 moped wont run

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Jawa 210 moped wont run

Postby dieselmech86 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:20 pm

i have an 81 jawa moped, clean gas tank, good fuel, carb has been went thru more times than i can count, put new rings in it even though it didnt need it, new ignition coil, checked all the wires, compression is good....it runs great when its on the stand, as soon i put the rear tire on the ground and hit the throttle it goes no where and will kill the engine. it was doing this before i did all the work to it, so whatever it is i am missing it....any help??
dieselmech86
Net Rider

re: Jawa 210 moped wont run

Postby John » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:56 pm

Compression is (?) and how did you take it..... Then you need to look at the clutch etc.
www.jawamoped.com
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby dieselmech86 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:05 pm

compression is 50 psi...i have never rode it, i read some are 2 speed, there is no shifter on it....but if it were stuck in 2nd gear it would make sense how its acting....
dieselmech86
Net Rider

Postby John » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:28 am

Need at least 120 or there about. You have a air leak somewhere, maybe crank seals or around any gasket areas.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Return to Moped Riders