IKE FIST, Rest in Peace

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

re: IKE FIST, Rest in Peace

Postby ped58 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Just found out.... So sorry to hear about Ike's passing, he really made my day everytime I saw and rode with him. He was always a gentleman and a very good friend. Our condolences to you Maggie, Ed and Dorothy
ped58
Master Regional Rider

Postby schwinnguy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:00 pm

this is very sad news. I've known ike for a very long time and I always had a lot of respect for him, as well as all the admin and moderators on this site. I haven't been on here for quite some time now, and really do miss every one and wish things were different. I sincerely hope ike rests in peace and am truly sorry to hear this news. I really wish I could have taken the time to set things right between us. his rides were a blast, and he helped me out a lot in the past when I really needed it. he was a great guy and a legend I will never forget.

if this post sounds a little weird to some, it's because this is not an account I used. I created this account because I missed being a part of this forum site. I was part of it from the very beginning. but because of circumstances that I did not have much control of, I was removed. and I understand why. and I'm ok with it. I don't do anything with mopeds anymore. I retired permanently on January 1st of this year. closed my mower/bicycle shop down for good. I had a lot of fun over the years and met a lot of good people in the moped world. I hope the moderators here will not ban me after reading my post because I honestly do miss hanging out and chatting with you guys.

donp
2000 tomos targa lx,
donp
schwinnguy
Net Rider

Postby wardie » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Sad indeed Don, Ike was a one of a kind guy..certainly iconic in what I consider the Golden Age of Moped Riding for me.. Good to hear from you again and hope all is well. Wardie
wardie
Regional Rider

Postby schwinnguy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:10 pm

hey wardie. all is good here. had a pretty bad experience last year. not sure if I told you or not. I haven't talked to you in so long.
for years I told patty that I was in the 18 and out program after we got married. on may 27th we celebrated our 18th anniversary. on may 28th I had a massive heart attack. went in for an emergency catherization, and right after that surgery they gave me 24 hours to recover, then had a triple bypass. spent almost 3 weeks in the hospital. recovering pretty well and it gave me a good outlook on life.
ike was a good guy and for years I wanted to give him a call and chat and maybe mend some things. I guess I will never get that opportunity now. :(
2000 tomos targa lx,
donp
schwinnguy
Net Rider

Previous

Return to Moped Riders