Suzuki FA50

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Suzuki FA50

Postby 345 desoto » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:16 am

I just bought a practically NEW FA50...for $75!!! The guy is moving and they wanted it gone. It was in his basement, and COVERED with dust, cob webs, etc. We got it outside, and I checked it out really well...he SAID it ran fine, but 3 or 4 years ago it just quit...it was free and had great compression. Loaded it up, got it home, scrubbed it up with Purple Power, drained the gear case and added fresh oil...old oil was clean as new. While I was removing the drain plug, I noticed that the plug wire was not on the plug...DOH! Filled the gas tank (oil tank was full), turned the petcock to prime the carb, then to "On". Turned on the choke, and kicked it...you guessed it...second kick, it fired. A few more kicks with the choke off and it fired, stopped, fired, stopped, fired and idled just fine. Ran it up and down the road a few times and burned the residual oil out of the muffler and it stopped smoking. I CAN'T believe it runs like new..just under 30MPH.
NOW to the parts I need. He had some sort of turn signal lenses on the rears that are only held on by one screw...they're too big, so I need 2 turn signal lenses/w/screws...front and rear are the same size/fit...good used would do just fine. The seat needs a new cover...the old one started to split.I'm sure nobody has a good seat cover, but I KNOW there must be some sets of uses lenses. HELP, guys...and thanks for listening. BTW, I'm upgrading my other FA50 to 60cc. Just waiting for the bored jug to be finished...
345 desoto
Net Rider

re: Suzuki FA50

Postby RebelRider.Mike » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:30 am

Awesome find! Any luck getting parts?
Mike

1979 Puch Free Spirit
1987 Honda Rebel
2014 Ural M70
RebelRider.Mike
Net Rider

re: Suzuki FA50

Postby xrongor » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:30 am

search ebay. problems solved. yes even the seat cover :D
"In this world there's two kinds of people... Those with loaded guns, and those who dig." -- Blondie to Tuco
xrongor
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders