Turkeys from Tomos

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Turkeys from Tomos

Postby mountainmoped » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:11 pm

I tried to order a Tomos Sprint today. Aaron told me they were out of Sprints and didn't expect any until the end of the year when the first shipment from the new factory in Turkey is due to arrive. They did still have some STs in stock. I guess it is good that they are selling mopeds, but whoda thunk that Tomos mopeds are now being made in Turkey. First Slovenia, then China, and now Turkey. The quality should be better than anything made in China (I hope).
Bryan
mountainmoped
Master Regional Rider

re: Turkeys from Tomos

Postby JD » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:19 am

Turkey isn't new to the automotive manufacturing business, so quality should be fine. But I'm surprised that Tomos thinks it can build them more cheaply there than in Slovenia.
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby John » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:26 pm

A good example of overprice automobile pricing is the Ford Transit made in Turkey. This will kill the Tomos brand shortly.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby JunkyardDog » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:33 pm

I thought the problem with Tomos was that nobody was buying mopeds anymore, of any brand. Everybody had switched to scooters.
JunkyardDog
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders