Stabil vs. StarTron....my $.02....

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Stabil vs. StarTron....my $.02....

Postby mopedlar » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:20 am

For those of you who store your peds (or any gasoline powered vehicles) for any length of time....if you're currently using Stabil in your gas, you may want to switch to StarTron. StarTron stabilizes gas for up to 2 years, neutralizes the harmful effects of ethanol blended gasoline and revitalizes old gas. Stabil only stabilizes gas for up to 1 year and does nothing to negate the harmful effects of ethanol. On the negative side, StarTron is more expensive than Stabil (about $8 for an 8 ounce bottle), however, you use a lot less of it than Stabil.....an ounce of StarTron (30ml) treats 6 gallons of gasoline. I have a small cylindrical measuring bottle with 5 ml increments marked, so I use about 5 ml for each gallon of gas.

If this sounds a lot like a commercial for StarTron, I apologize for that. I just wanted to let everyone know that they're are better alternatives to Stabil on the market.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

re: Stabil vs. StarTron....my $.02....

Postby John » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:22 am

Haven't seen that one up here yet Larry, but will look when I am stateside next week. I currently use Seafoam for storage purposes. Used it for years also in sterndrive V8 motors/aluminium fuel tanks.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby tortoise » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:07 am

Prior to long-term storage, drain carb fuel bowl to avoid this.
tortoise
Net Rider

Postby wardie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:57 am

Larry is correct on all accounts. Use it as fuel treatment in my BMW motorcycles. Less covers more so to speak. Most quality shops not only carry it they USE IT! Wardie
wardie
Regional Rider

Postby tortoise » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:58 am

Water separation:
Video 1
Video 2
Video 3
Video 4
Video 5

Walmart 91% isopropyl.
tortoise