How would YOU get a choke cable unstuck?

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

How would YOU get a choke cable unstuck?

Postby Mufflerbearing » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:43 pm

I have a 79 yamahopper and I ordered a new shorter choke cable to replace the stuck one but the carb end is too big to go into the slide. Any ideas on how to fix the old one?
Mufflerbearing
Net Rider

re: How would YOU get a choke cable unstuck?

Postby Mufflerbearing » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:05 pm

I was thinking about getting a new one but the only one I found was on eBay for $150. That's just stupid. I don't know why people have to act so stupid about their parts.
Mufflerbearing
Net Rider

Postby don45640 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:08 pm

Can you dremel(grind) the end stop to just fit? I've had to do that before,but of course you can't weaken it too much either.
Don't know what the cable end looks like,but the 3-speed sturmey-archer shifter cable has a neat little end on it. You can look at one at any good bicycle store. don-ohio (:^)
`Ped `til yer RED!!!' don-ohio (:^)
don45640
Net Rider

Postby schwinnguy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:21 am

this is the best stuff on the market. http://www.amazon.com/Chain-Cable-Fluid ... B000UXTA58

I've used it in my shop for years. when it comes to freeing up and lubricating an old cable, nothing compares to it.

if you have really rusty bolts or parts that you need to free up, this stuff works better than anything on the market. http://www.freealloil.com/freeall.html

it blows pb blaster, wd40, or any of those water based sprays away.

I swear by these two products because I have a brother who is a chemical engineer for a company called everready products and the company he runs makes these, pb blaster, and wd40, and others. even he will tell you that there are no better products out there than these two. donp
2000 tomos targa lx,
donp
schwinnguy
Net Rider

Postby John » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:01 am

O'Rielly's in the states, nowhere in Canuckistan though. Pity Eh. Will continue with PB Blaster to free up rusted crap and then lube with Dupont chain and cable lube.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby schwinnguy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:22 am

john, if you ever come out this way, look me up. I will give you cases of this stuff. I have cases of pb blaster too. I don't use it though. you can have them too. I can't sell any of these products because my brother could get in trouble, but I can give them away. when I order the stuff, I usually get about 5 cases of each item and they come 24 cans per case. so I always have it in stock for personal use.
2000 tomos targa lx,
donp
schwinnguy
Net Rider

Postby John » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:27 am

Damn is there medicinal use too. lol Thanks for the offer Don.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby schwinnguy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:12 am

LOL. I don't think so. maybe for lubing up or freeing up stick wheels on medical carts. I have given cans to my wife to use on carts in the nursing home she works at.
2000 tomos targa lx,
donp
schwinnguy
Net Rider

Postby schwinnguy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:13 am

LOL. I don't think so. maybe for lubing up or freeing up stick wheels on medical carts. I have given cans to my wife to use on carts in the nursing home she works at.
2000 tomos targa lx,
donp
schwinnguy
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders