Hey Gang..

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Hey Gang..

Postby donaltman3 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:13 pm

Hello everyone. I am Duck... It's been awhile.
Hope everyone is well.

Couldn't recover my old account several times so I just gave up trying to log in.

I am re-starting an old project that has sat in my garage for years. It is a 1977 peugeot 103.
I think all that is left is electrical and I am intrested in swapping to cdi.
The current engine ignition is untested and unknown of its working condition.... It has a 5 coil stator with points. It is missing the fly wheel nut and looks like the fly wheel itself has the threads pulled out where you would normally use a puller to remove. It must really be stuck on the crank.. peeping down the slots in the fly wheel it looks very clean possibly NOS.

Could someone help me figure out how to wire up a moby cdi unit if I can get one?
donaltman3
Net Rider

Re: Hey Gang..

Postby mountainmoped » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:16 am

Duck,
I may have a source for a CDI conversion. I will check and let you know. I had a hard time getting back on the site after Lenny got it back up.

Bryan
Bryan
mountainmoped
Master Regional Rider

Postby donaltman3 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:07 am

I must have tried getting back into the website 100 times and gave up Bryan. I had been hacked and we got everything reset and it happened again.. Even now when I use the password recovery tool here it says it is sending and it never sends it. (it's not going to junk or deleted.. or my settings don't have this site blocked)
It was so long ago I don't even remember who originally stole access from me and blocked me out of the account.. they also got into my personal emails and caused me some grief. I just got tierd of the hasstle and started new emails and quiet logging into any moped related sites. Plus my young family and life just kept me busy enough that I put mopeds on the back burner... Maybe its spring time weather that has gotten me intrested in getting one running and being able to ride, I'm not sure.. but its good to be back.

I'd like to try a cdi but would need some help with the wiring.
In the meantime I will try to figure out how to remove a stuck on flywheel that has had the puller threads stripped out. .. should be fun.
donaltman3
Net Rider

Postby mountainmoped » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:50 am

Duck,

I have seen a small module that replaces points and condensor but can't find it now. They have ignition parts at this link--prices are retail. I do a lot of business with them.
http://get2itparts.com/index.php?main_p ... =85_102500
Bryan
mountainmoped
Master Regional Rider

Postby mountainmoped » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:03 pm

Just found out Motoplat made some CDI conversions for mopeds. I don't know if Motoplat still makes them or not. Several have been listed for sale on Moped Army.
Bryan
mountainmoped
Master Regional Rider

Postby donaltman3 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:42 pm

I'll figure something out thanks for the link. I've still got some mountain moped license tags I plan to use on it when I get it going!
donaltman3
Net Rider

Re: Hey Gang..HEY,DUCK!

Postby don45640 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:15 pm

I finally remembered my password...LOL! Just got back from Florida,Man! Bid on a house for me old age retirement,but missed it by 4,000 bucks.BUMMER! Glad to hear from you! don-ohio (:^)
`Ped `til yer RED!!!' don-ohio (:^)
don45640
Net Rider

Postby donaltman3 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:18 pm

the good thing is there is plenty of stuff for sale Don. What area are you looking at? I have alot of family in florida... and spend quiet a bit of my time in Florida (I only live a few miles from the state line.)
donaltman3
Net Rider

Return to Moped Riders